General CBS

Now that you are superpopular I would love to hear what you think of the decks people draft and how they approach the process. Have you noticed anything interesting? :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Now that you are superpopular I would love to hear what you think of the decks people draft and how they approach the process. Have you noticed anything interesting? :)

It's too early to tell, honestly. I've had five people save their draft since the cube went up on the 25th, and three of them just saved their draft pool without building a deck. Yes, you're one of the two who did build one ;) So far everyone is ignoring white and black :D

What I've learned is that many people like to draft and finish it up with a card pool, but will never actually make cuts and/or add the lands to virtually construct a deck. This is mindblowing.

Scryfall question

Anyone know how to search for modal double faced cards on Scryfall? I know how to find each of the cards right now but I was still wondering with an expanding pool of MDFC in the near future.

is:double-faced -o:transform format:vintage

This works when KHM becomes legal. I added the format:vintage to remove the art cards and tokens. I don't know how else to get rid of the art cards.

Scryfall question

Anyone know how to search for modal double faced cards on Scryfall? I know how to find each of the cards right now but I was still wondering with an expanding pool of MDFC in the near future.
is:double-faced -o:transform format:vintage

This works when KHM becomes legal. I added the format:vintage to remove the art cards and tokens. I don't know how else to get rid of the art cards.
The easiest way to filter them out is with the "is:mdfc" filter. You don't get any art cards or stuff like that then.

THANK YOU!

tumblr_ok9gwzAyqJ1w4nh3lo1_1280.gifv

Let's say, there's a low-power environment with low-powered removal and a lot of combat tricks going on, supporting a heroic/spells matter section in Naya/Jeskai. There are cards like Phantasmal Form, Blossoming Defense, Staggershock, Feeling of Dread, Fists of Flame, Shelter, Travel Preparations and Synchronized Strike in the cube.
Now, do some of you have any experience to share about the following, wether it being cube or limited experience:

I'm not sure if they're on a par with the aforementioned cards, as I wouldn't want to broaden the powerband just to have more of those spells.
There are also at least 9, but definitely no more than 12-13 creatures with heroic-trigger in the cube (360). I'm saying this because Coordinated Assault and Triton Tactics need two creatures to be worth it, and are definitely a lot better if they trigger heroic at least once, while Phantasmal Form, Travel Preparations and Synchronized Strike also need two targets to be worth it, but are pretty strong on their own. Ojutai's Breath looks clunky, but triggering prowess twice and getting rid of blockers/preventing from attacking doesn't look too bad. Never say Verdant Rebirth in action anywhere. Guided Strike and Prey's Vengeance were very playable in other formats I played, but I'd still like someone's opinion on them.

I'd be grateful for any opinions. :)

Let's say, there's a low-power environment with low-powered removal and a lot of combat tricks going on, supporting a heroic/spells matter section in Naya/Jeskai. There are cards like Phantasmal Form, Blossoming Defense, Staggershock, Feeling of Dread, Fists of Flame, Shelter, Travel Preparations and Synchronized Strike in the cube.
Now, do some of you have any experience to share about the following, wether it being cube or limited experience:

I'm not sure if they're on a par with the aforementioned cards, as I wouldn't want to broaden the powerband just to have more of those spells.
There are also at least 9, but definitely no more than 12-13 creatures with heroic-trigger in the cube (360). I'm saying this because Coordinated Assault and Triton Tactics need two creatures to be worth it, and are definitely a lot better if they trigger heroic at least once, while Phantasmal Form, Travel Preparations and Synchronized Strike also need two targets to be worth it, but are pretty strong on their own. Ojutai's Breath looks clunky, but triggering prowess twice and getting rid of blockers/preventing from attacking doesn't look too bad. Never say Verdant Rebirth in action anywhere. Guided Strike and Prey's Vengeance were very playable in other formats I played, but I'd still like someone's opinion on them.

I'd be grateful for any opinions. :)

Guided Strike is great, right upthere with stuff like Shelter or Fists of Flame.. With the others I sadly don't have any experience.

Are you however aware of Elvish Fury?

Yeah, if I remember correctly I even told you to try Guided Strike, because I already played with it and liked it in other cubes/chaos drafts. :D

I am, but the buyback is way too expensive, since heroic decks usually are aggressive, but thanks for the suggestion.

Are any of the Embalm or Eternalize cards worth playing at a high power level?

Probably just these two:

There needs to be enough value on the front side for it to be worth it, and the Eternalize is usually just gravy. Khenra is nice at pushing through damage early and coming back in (if necessary) late to just act as a big finisher. Champ is nice to filter cards and just serve as a chump blocker. Just a nice stabilizer.

I've had both of these in my cube since their printing and they'll probably be around for the long haul.

Reactions: dbs
Adorned Pouncer also, high powered cubes usually pack some +1/+1 counter producers and/or equipment like Bonesplitter, Grafted Wargear or the Swords. The frontside usually isn't bad at all for aggressive decks, and casting it again as a 4/4 doublestrike for 5 can be pretty good, too.

Honored Hydra is a recastable finisher. Depending on the speed of your environment and how good your ramp is, this can be either a tad too slow or two big beasts for one.

btw I also play Champion of Wits in my lower powered list. Love the card. I think Seasoned Pyromancer is the higher powered alternative, one of some sweet mythics of MH1 that sadly don't match my environment due to powerlevel concerns.