General CBS

Everyone gets the appropriate emblem... but the puzzle is that most of the creature cards in the cube are stuff like Resolute Reinforcements, where they make two dudes.
Based on all your crazy ideas, @LadyMapi , as well as the popularity of the Reading Rainbow Cube, I was wondering if it might be time for a new challenge/contest:

Design a cube where you start the game with [insert card] in play

Be it Pillar of Paruns, Revel in Riches or Demonic Rising: it seems like a very easy to understand and implement custom rule for a cube. I was playing around with the concept for Secluded Courtyard, for example. But I could see it work for all kinds of cards: Trading Post, Saheeli, Myr Servitor, whatever.

Would there be interest there?

Based on all your crazy ideas, @LadyMapi , as well as the popularity of the Reading Rainbow Cube, I was wondering if it might be time for a new challenge/contest:

Design a cube where you start the game with [insert card] in play

Be it Pillar of Paruns, Revel in Riches or Demonic Rising: it seems like a very easy to understand and implement custom rule for a cube. I was playing around with the concept for Secluded Courtyard, for example. But I could see it work for all kinds of cards: Trading Post, Saheeli, Myr Servitor, whatever.

Would there be interest there?
Yes, but I would suggest a pile of cards. Either at the start of the draft/deck building/game a card from the pile is revealed. That way weird interactions will arise. Makes building the cube much harder than just one card though.

Yes, but I would suggest a pile of cards. Either at the start of the draft/deck building/game a card from the pile is revealed. That way weird interactions will arise. Makes building the cube much harder than just one card though.

Having a pile of cards kinda changes the calculus, though. Part of the idea behind "emblem cubes" is that you're going "OK, you can all reliably build around [card] - how do you evaluate cards in light of that?". Ideally, you're making it so drafters have to reassess their rules-of-thumb and actually consider why you decided to include each card... but I'm too much of a hack to pull that off. :p

You can't pull that off by making the emblem card multiple choice. Or, if you do, you've expended more effort in the design experiment than you would by just building a mini-cube around each of the cards you picked. And the thing about weird interactions is that that's already what you're designing into the cube by making it about a given buildaround.

I think this comes down to something I've talked about in the past - there's an urge to maximize replayability in the cube community. Which is nice and all, but sometimes that doesn't really fit with the other stuff you're playing around with. Like, sometimes you make a mono-color cube because you're experimenting with signposting and not because you think that everyone is going to want to play the Monochrome Cube every single time you run cube night (though, hey, if that's what you guys are into, I won't stop you!)

I do agree that making it a choice of cards to build around for the challenge would probably be for the best, if only because it reduces the chance of accidentally picking a card that you can only really take in one direction. One of the best parts of the 360/100 cube challenge/contest was that all of the entries were kinda weird, after all.

I do agree that making it a choice of cards to build around for the challenge would probably be for the best, if only because it reduces the chance of accidentally picking a card that you can only really take in one direction. One of the best parts of the 360/100 cube challenge/contest was that all of the entries were kinda weird, after all.

I feel that would make all the cubes very same-y though. I’d assume it’s most fun if you could choose your emblem yourself. You can insert your own weirdness.

Picking a card with many directions/options would be part of the challenge

If I built this cube IRL this is what I'd do (Everyone randomly gets a crap enchantment/artifact [Or chooses from a small pack of like 3] that's their emblem, then draft the cube), but for the purposes of a cube design challenge I think having a set emblem or a small (very small) pool from entrants to choose from as the hypothetical "Everyone gets this" makes more sense.

Would participate in this if it did happen FWIW

Rules question. If I put several counters at once on a counter (say, three counters on a planeswalker), do that many counters get put on Tchotchke Elemental or just one?

With the disclaimer that I'm not entirely certain, because it's an Un-card, and not a tournament legal one, so it may just have one of those wordings (like how the Oracle on Uktabi Kong still said "comes into play" until something like 2018...)

Effects like that typically specify "one or more". The elemental doesn't. Therefore, it goes big.

With the disclaimer that I'm not entirely certain, because it's an Un-card, and not a tournament legal one, so it may just have one of those wordings (like how the Oracle on Uktabi Kong still said "comes into play" until something like 2018...)

Effects like that typically specify "one or more". The elemental doesn't. Therefore, it goes big.
That's how I understand it as well.

Tomorrow a new set will be revealed.

Fallout

From the video game. Another non-fantasy setting that you have to mix with your Magic cards if you want to win games in the formats they are legal.

Universes Beyond: Cowboy Bebop edition
cmon hasbruh do ONE THING right in your life
You know for a fact that they'd fuck it up, just like Netflix did.

(And probably for the same exact reasons...)

We will for sure get some cowboy thing going on when we get to this villain set.
Wrong kind of cowboys. :p

If you don't have a thing against anime, I highly suggest sitting down and giving the original series a watch. It's a classic for a reason.

Wrong kind of cowboys. :p[/URL]

If you don't have a thing against anime, I highly suggest sitting down and giving the original series a watch. It's a classic for a reason.

I should insert something about joke > head because it totally went over my head, I admit that haha :p

new token from the Fallout set is Junk (the name. I like it. It's not junk.)

image.png

Marvel’s cinematic universe is bizarre in a way that I have probably not seen before. Everyone is laughing at it and doesn’t take it serious. They find it childish and too colorful. Until they watch it from the beginning. Then they become fans instead of critics. At least this is my experience with other people and myself.