General [CMR] Commander Legends Previews

Looked at a Zedruu list for red cards for Blim

A lot of this is probably too cute, but it's a 4/3 flyer for 4, so maybe it could do something for us. Skipped a few cards for being duplicate effects that seem too cute to work anyways.

Goes well with any ETB on a nerfed body.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeeeeeeeeeeees! I've been asking this for so long I can't even remember. Here are some examples on Riptidelab:

https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/m21-m21-previews.3136/page-9#post-91567
https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/looking-for-a-card-thread.1834/page-32#post-89733

But now that we have the Zendikar Rising spell//lands I run all 10 bounce lands. So I guess this makes 11 and not the only one.

Maybe this will finally teach people that off color bouncelands are completely viable in draft.

Maybe this will finally teach people that off color bouncelands are completely viable in draft.

I mean.. one of the reasons why we non-power max cubers dislike Signets so much besides their power level is because they are too good in off-color decks, right? At least That was my understanding of a broad consensus a few years ago.

We have even more bloody leaks from the same source as yesterday. Apparently this person bought the packs from the original leaked listing and is now sharing their pulls, which is pretty neat.
Kamahl, Heart of Krosa 6GG
Legendary Creature — Human Druid (M)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, creatures you control get +3/+3 and gain trample until end of turn.
1G: Until end of turn, target land you control becomes a 1/1 Elemental creature with vigilance, indestructible and haste. It’s still a land.
Partner
5/5
I'm surprised this guy is a partner- he seems like the type of commander Timmies would love as a standalone. This particular card may even have some cube implications, since he's essentially an End-Raze Forerunners or Craterhoof Behemoth trigger every turn. He's the worst version of this effect by a long shot, but he could be good for people who swing that way.

Promised Tomorrow 2W
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature you control dies, exile it.
At the beginning of each end step, if you control no creatures, sacrifice ~ and return all cards exiled with it onto the battlefield under your control.
Neat.

Prava of the Steel Legion 3W
Legendary Creature — Cat Soldier (U)
As long as it's your turn, creature tokens you control get +1/+4.
3W: Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
Partner
1/4
People who run tokens strategies- is this card something that interests you?

Numa, Joraga Chieftain 2G
Legendary Creature — Elf Warrior (U)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may pay XX. When you do, distribute X +1/+1 counters among any number of target Elves you control.
Partner
2/2
Elf Tribal Partner.

Aurami, River of the Dead 1UB
Legendary Creature — Merfolk Wizard (U)
T, Exile a number of cards from your graveyard equal to the number of opponents: Target creature card in your graveyard gains encore until end of turn. The encore cost is equal to its mana cost. (Exile that card from your graveyard and pay its mana cost: For each opponent, create a token that's a copy of that card. It attacks that player this turn if able and gains haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step. Encore only as a sorcery.)
1/4
This seems really neat. They're almost like an Underworld Breach that sticks on the battlefield. It works very well with ETB trigger creatures, as well. I don't think this card makes it in my cube since Dimir is such a competitive section, but I can see this being good in Brad's Black cube.

Terraforming 6GGG
Sorcery (M)
Search your library for up to ten land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Hey Ravnic, is this enough landfall triggers for you?

The downside to that merfolk is it's SO MANY words, but the 4 toughness is definitely nice. Havengul Lich was a card I had for a while before I really trimmed my top end and this feels sort of similar.

Definitely on my radar, but might be too much investment for a one turn dude.

Oh man I missed this:
Kodama of the East Tree 4GG
Legendary Creature — Spirit (R)
Reach
Whenever another permanent enters the battlefield under your control, if it wasn't put onto the battlefield with this ability, you may put a permanent card with equal or lesser converted mana cost from your hand onto the battlefield.
Partner
6/6
I read "Kodama" and my mind immediately thought "Kamigawa is Jank," but I guess I didn't actually read the card because this is really cool! It kind of gives all of your spells a weird version of cascade.

I kinda hope that that text is a mistranslation, since that essentially turns "playing a land" into "playing two lands".

It would allow a second land, which seems on par with a Green ability for a commander creature. It's slightly more restrictive than actually being able to play a second of the permanents, but close. More abusable in my opinion is the fact that it doesn't specify where or how the other permanent hit the battlefield, excluding it's own ability. So you can sneak attack in [big monster] and get [big monster 2] for free and forever.

Yeah. I'm OK with my 6 drop letting me empty my hand of lands. REALLY cute with bounces.

EDIT:
I actually wish this guy had allowed for an extra land drop

That said, the second ability works with Kodama. Is there some sort of loop here?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Hey would you consider yourself unlucky though? I learned it as well, pretty handy for all of the times I traveled to or through Germany :)

It’s a personal opinion but I do not find it handy to learn another language other than the one my people speak and the one the rest of the civilized world speaks/will soon speak. We have come too far to learn such mechanical things. Remembering dates, words, algebra, etc is no longer important. Learning how the tools to find those are.

In other words there are better things to learn than a language spoken by almost no one in comparison to English :) I did not want to learn less. I wanted to learn different.

But again it is a personal opinion.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I just enjoy being able to speak German to Germans, but to each their own, I guess :) I assume you also had to learn English though? I mean, it's been a while, but when I went to school, we al had to do a mandatory year of English, German, and French. After that year, English remained mandatory, but German and French were optional choices. I dropped French, because I was really bad at it, but kept German (which I was really good at).

If I could promote and support the teaching and learning of every dying language there is, I would. Not trying to say that German is a dying language lol.

But sticking to learning English (and historical enforcement of learning it), has lead to a massive reduction in language diversity. That loss of diversity has lead to an equally devastating loss of historical diversity.... Same can apply to other dominant colonial languages throughout the years and around the world (Spanish, Chinese, Dutch, etc).

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Truth sigh, that crossed my mind as well, but I didn't say anything because German isn't a dying language and I wasn't about to learn Kus Dili.

One of the things I'm the most ashamed of is the fact that my grandparents had to speak to me in English instead of their native German, so... yeah, I'm jealous.

I didn't say I wanted to learn less. I said I wanted to learn different = I don't want to give up my German lessons unless I get something in return.

Obviously it's nice to be able to understand German.

Edit: And it would be wonderful if everyone on the planet had the time to learn all languages in the world at no cost.

Promised Tomorrow.jpg

Promised Tomorrow {2}{W}
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever a creature you control dies, exile it.
At the beginning of each endstep, if you control no creatures, sacrifice CARDNAME and return to the battlefield all cards exiled with it under your control.