General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Image.ashx

Maybe Flanking sans reminder text shouldn't be printed at common.

mono blue BEAT

I have never been convinced of cloudfin raptor but he somehow made it consistently large-ish with this pile. I also forgot how annoying getting snapcastered five times in one game is.

Omg that deck is so me!

I can just imagine myself holding complicate and clique on turn three and grinning like an idiot.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I think the ideal design for a pushed flanking card would be some sort of ultra-efficient creature that gave the opponent some number of 1/1 creature tokens.

Something like:

Goblinslayer Knight
1W
3/3
Flanking
When Goblinslayer Kight ETB, put a 1/1 red goblin token into play under target opponent's control.

or

Borgardan Heavy Lancer
2R
4/3
Haste, Flanking
When Borgardan Heavy Lancer ETB, put 2 1/1 white soldier tokens into play under target opponent's control.
FSR, if you were wondering I finished these

ArrogantMountaineer.jpg
BogardenVanguard.jpg

Names are different, but I feel the flavor comes through better this way :)

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
all knights in magic are mounted everyone knows that (especially if they have flanking!!!`11)

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
FSR, if you were wondering I finished these

ArrogantMountaineer.jpg
BogardenVanguard.jpg

Names are different, but I feel the flavor comes through better this way :)

Awesome!

I had the 2 mana dude as white, but I think he's actually better as a red dude. Like I said in another post, I think the 3 mana dude needs a buff to be playable. Even with a really strong combination of stats, giving them 2 turns of chump blocking probably needs even better upside to be worth it.

Love that white weenie deck but I feel so uncomfortable playing WW without some way to generate cards. I guess having 5 drops helps with that though.

Man people keep posting sweet decks I wana play. How's that Avenger?

CML

Contributor
not 3-0 strictly but i did enjoy watching my stupid friend who plays punishing jund bitch about getting locked by a 3-mana repeatable shock

mother of runes brainstorm zombies

Laz

Developer
So, we drafted the Scuttlemutt cube for the first time... I wanted to sit out and observe, but one of our drafters didn't show, so I had to make up the numbers. Turns out being the only person intimately familiar with the cube, and having people underestimate how aggressive it can be, had people just continually feeding me awesome 1 and 2-drops. In hindsight, I probably should have played Intimidator Initiate over Thrill-Kill Assassin, but it didn't really matter.

The deck that should not be

Yep, you only have to wait two weeks for me to remember to check the thread again!

Plus these custom cards: (the bbcode here doesn't let me resize these images; they're the giant ones I used to print the proxies, so...)
KeldonWarlock_zps4f9d323d.jpg
SparringSlopes_zps58ba77e3.jpg
QuirionVoyager_zpsd4d6da70.jpg
The deck basically just always hits its colors and then either values them out or plays Chromanticore with frightening consistency. The dream: Flashback Cruel Ultimatum. Sparring Slopes is pretty broken with giant lifelinkers.

Though sweet, it is starkly lacking in Oblivion Rings and Doom Blades, not to mention Mana Leaks. It needs its primary gameplan to be able to outmuscle the opponent in terms of creature size and card advantage. So it won a lot but not against the esper control list above, with its Control Magic and Sphinx's Revelation.