General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

i'm probably going to have to just write a script that spits out a list of urls to my photobucket for the decklists from my current cube and hope that the forums dont see me linking 5238053 things and decide im spamming. then i can properly partake in this thread again

also my next cube is 720 black lotuses (lotii? lotusi? lotuces? lotice?), a truly flat power curve.

This guy. Should we tell him that'll never work?

Manged to get my first 8man in ages, and this mid-range monstrosity took it all.

Swagtusk

Birthing Pod was run, which was fun, lifegain was spread out over several decks, me, I ran a Delver UB tempo deck which went 2-1 and flipped delver every time I managed to get one of my two in play, but the gravecrawlers did more work. All in all, I am happy with the changes I've made over the past couple of weeks, and look forward to mucking about with it some more.

Also, I think skirsdag high priest managed to make a whole demon.

It throws in bizarre amounts of damage with symbol status, seeing as how I have a very mixed assortment of basics.

How did path of bravery perform?

it swung for 12 once. it kinda ctd in a similar way as my sorin did. some valuebale lifegain + damage increase. lingering souls was nuts btw i only got to cast my snapcaster as a 2/1 blocker. miror entity was a pumped up version of sorin and the path of bravery. Consuming vapors on a thragtusk reminds you how broken thragtusk is.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
There was a question of how aggro would do with all the added lifegain in my cube. Last night's finalists.

Gwavecwalla

MVPs: Jinxed Idol, Blood Artist

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

Naya Zoo Thing

This deck was awful in all sorts of ways, but managed to 3 - 0 and Ranger of Eos was a complete house.

Often, one drops do way more than they're "supposed" to, by sheer virtue of being one drops.

That sounded way more like an attempt at a home-spun adage than it was meant to.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Often, one drops do way more than they're "supposed" to, by sheer virtue of being one drops.

That sounded way more like an attempt at a home-spun adage than it was meant to.

One-drops give you incredible efficiency per mana to make up for their atrocious efficiency per card.

There was a question of how aggro would do with all the added lifegain in my cube. Last night's finalists.

Totes, we've even been seeing the graveyard 1 drop decks feel something closer to controlling inevitable decks sometimes in Eric's environment. I'm really digging that. I can't wait till we get to see graveyard advantage decks be a real thing. Looting and thirst for knowledge etc leading to insurmountable pressuring advantage.

I've been noticing I hardly ever feel comfortable drafting black these days without finding some way to +plusing my life total. Colourless outs help. I need to start drafting fewer colours to let myself open to room for Miren, Moaning Well and Tectonic Edge in the land draft.

I've played the aggressor or the bigger deck against the Blood Artist + Blasting Station a number of times now and I'm stunned how hard it is to close those games. It's just nuts. I'm wondering how one could add more blasting station like cards. Deathspark and it's ilk? Recover cards?

Ramming Sorin into my BR decks or ramming Falkenrath Aristocrat into my BW decks happens more often than I like admitting. I'm almost planning for it now.

CML

Contributor

Gwavecwalla

This just in: 4 Gravecrawlers is completely busted

I wouldn't be too concerned with the lifegain theme busting anything, in addition to its being underpowered the curve-out aggro decks you tend to see in Cube won't care _that_ much about one-shot effects, especially if, you know, the Gravecrawlers are coming

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I think multi-Brainstorm is the simplest and most elegant way to boost control without boosting midrange or hampering aggro.

The card also has like, a bajillion interactions and makes games better.

CML it's well possible your Utility Land Draft has too much fixing.

CML

Contributor
I think multi-Brainstorm is the simplest and most elegant way to boost control without boosting midrange or hampering aggro.

The card also has like, a bajillion interactions and makes games better.

CML it's well possible your Utility Land Draft has too much fixing.

"possible"? :) at this point i've ramped it down to one per guild (UB UG temples here, some filters and buddylands and FUT lands too) because GOOD GOD two weeks ago.

A control deck with four three Brainstorms and four fetches managed to win a draft.

In other news, the sun sets in the west.

oh come on it's something different compared to 4 gravecrawlers, 2 wastelands, and everything else (and would not beat that deck). i guess i am pleased that after buffing naya to a ludicrous extent, something much tougher to play can hang with da big boyz

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
To be fair Quadcrawla lost that draft... mostly because I let my opponent completely re-do a turn in Game 3. And, sometimes Jitte is too slow for my cube. No value until you spend 4 mana and swing?

we usually let people take small stuff back as long as it has not already impacted an opponent's decision

3 gravecrawler is proving too be to many for my cube because of a bunch of custom cards helping the archetype in other ways so i cut it down to 2