Jason Waddell's Cube

I have to agree that Rotting Rats seem sketchy, but everyone needs their personal weird touch :)

I'd like to hear why you don't include Ophiomancer? Perhaps in place of Pawn of Ulamog, seeing as they share many interactions. Too annoying if you can't deal with it?

Also, have you considered Haakon, Stromgald Scourge? Reinforces zombie chains and is interesting with stuff like entomb.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Ophiomancer 2B
Creature — Human Shaman 2/2
At the beginning of each upkeep, if you control no Snakes, put a 1/1 black Snake creature token with deathtouch onto the battlefield.

Haakon, Stromgald Scourge English 1BB
Legendary Creature — Zombie Knight 3/3
You may cast Haakon, Stromgald Scourge from your graveyard, but not from anywhere else.
As long as Haakon is on the battlefield, you may play Knight cards from your graveyard.
When Haakon dies, you lose 2 life.

Hakkon's an intersting one. I remember Lucas using this guy back in the day to cast Court Hussar from his graveyard over and over. Ophiomancer over Pawn of Ulamog I could see, but hakkon seems a little more loose since he's really hard to get into your graveyard usually, and punishes you when he dies. :(

Do you still run the same utility lands, or have you scrapped some of them? Cards like Hellion Crucible don't seem to exciting?

Reactions: CML

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Do you still run the same utility lands, or have you scrapped some of them? Cards like Hellion Crucible don't seem to exciting?

Umm... they've changed marginally. I run Nykthos now. I cut a couple. Added another Evolving Wilds. The lands are approximate but not exact.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
A severe hatred for army in a can cards. Maybe it's a personal bias but I find gameplay to be much better without them.

I suppose that's fair enough. Have you ever actually tried it out or just no sir'd it from the get go?

I run all the other army in a can dudes, but I did draw the line at hornet queen, I think it was the deathtouch part.

CML

Contributor
By Grabthar's Hammer of Purphoros, by the Suns of Mirrodin, you shall be Avenged

really though i just meant yavimaya elder, which provides an insane amount of value and is fantastic with the sacrifice theme but has somehow fallen out of favor 'round these parts