Administrator
Staff member
Let's see if we can push these concurrently:
Lifegain
More Tokens
Path of Bravery, Ajani Goldmane, BW Sorin
Grove of the Burnwillows in Utility Land Draft
Punishing Fire
Multipost in Utility Land Draft (life gain!)

Any other crackpot ideas we can work in?

I just noticed you have way more wrath effects than I pack. Is there any specific reason you run 5 at 360, or would you recommend it more broadly?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
The reason is that aggro is insane in my cube and control is underpowered. And I like the dynamic. I always had fun playing with and against standard control decks packing tons of wraths, and I don't think it's an oppressive effect so long as your other decks are sufficiently powered.

CML

Contributor
path of bravery and xposts are both pieces of shit, unfortunately

strongly agree with a bunch of wraths being OK so long as aggro can, uh, beat a wrath, which has been the state of affairs for pretty much every format for pretty much perpetuity

CML

Contributor
colorless lands have a high opportunity cost? especially cipt ones like cloudpost?

as for path of bravery i have had the misfortune of playing with it, an extremely conditional three-mana anthem with a marginal lifegain effect barely cuts it in m14 draft. i have many irrational loathings but this loathing is based on experience

I think it all depends on exactly you're planning to fit in the Post. Sometimes the post can be too much for aggro decks to handle.

CML

Contributor
I dunno, I've been wrecked by many a Cloudpost deck, I think the potential is there, on power level at least.

it's an incredible card (i won't pretend i didn't enjoy watching our seattle control hero succumb to a hardcast emrakul in legacy, the modern ban is probably necessary, etc) and it's worth a go in cube, but remember that cloudpost decks are built entirely around that card, and that part of the modern ban was the nature of these games.

as for path of bravery i think it just sucks but i also say the same thing about Aven Mindcensor and all my friends have to try it in constructed before they get on board and join the ranks of "people futilely telling their friends to not play Aven Mindcensor," and i add like 30 cards from each new set to my cube as soon as they're spoilt so yeah report back with a mordant opinion here asap!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
OP is updated with my current Utility Land Draft stack, it had been out of date for a long time. Still not sure how to manage the rules on selecting the Cloudpost / Glimmerpost stacks, but would be open to suggestions.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm... maybe. I suppose they are probably more useful than Kabira Crossroads, considering it's not actually the lifegain that matters, but the trigger.

Exactly, if you ran something like Ageless Entity, the crossroads would be better, but fixing that actually triggers all the cats and angels too could be useful.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Now to dig through my cardstock and see if I have any... Too bad they're only in allied colors, would love a BW Refuge.