General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Hey guys, I am looking for colorless artifact payoffs. They can be artifacts themselves, but something like a land would be fine too. They should also fit a lower power level. I currently have only these two, and these are already at the top of my power range.

urzassaga.jpg

I think Urza's Saga is going to be a really neat, non-parasitic artifacts enabler for lower-power environments. While this card seems like it complements broken artifacts like Skullclamp and Sol Ring, it's actually a nice little synergy piece for low power environments. It's a nice little token factory that can also find a Bonesplitter or some other {1} or{0} cost artifact for value. I especially think this could be a cool card for your Cube as is, although you could amplify it's effect if you choose to add some Lands from Graveyard shenanigans to compliment your Landfall, Madness, and Discard packages.

While Urzas Saga is cool, it is also really, really complicated. I think it's too confusing for (most of) my drafters.

I think I will go with Buried Ruins. This one is great because it slots nicely into an environment, that encourages playing one or two colors. It also doesn't occupy a spell slot, and thus can be worth including with only ~2 self-sacrificing artifacts and/or artifact creatures.

@Nanonox You probably know the classic removal spells like Vindicate or Lightning Helix?

Last edited:
urzassaga.jpg

I think Urza's Saga is going to be a really neat, non-parasitic artifacts enabler for lower-power environments. While this card seems like it complements broken artifacts like Skullclamp and Sol Ring, it's actually a nice little synergy piece for low power environments. It's a nice little token factory that can also find a Bonesplitter or some other {1} or{0} cost artifact for value. I especially think this could be a cool card for your Cube as is, although you could amplify it's effect if you choose to add some Lands from Graveyard shenanigans to compliment your Landfall, Madness, and Discard packages.

Yeah, I think this is going to be pretty amazing for me with my trinket mage/salvaging station/auriok salvagers package, bouncelands, untap effects and life from the loam effects.

Strixhaven 's Mascots and Afterlife spirits are multicolor too

Then there are :
''Garruk, Cursed Huntsman'',''Goblin Trenches'',''Xenagos, the Reveler'',''Creakwood Liege",''Worm Harvest'',''Assemble the Legion'',''Outlaw's Merriment'',''Godsire'',''Voice of Resurgence'',''Westvale Abbey'',''Hanweir Militia Captain'',''Warrant // Warden''

Last edited:
Sedgemoor Witch is probably the best rate from Strixhaven at creating Pest tokens.
Blot out the Sky makes as many Inklings as you like.
Magma Opus if you have ways to cheat mana on it will make the Elemental.
...the Sprit and Fractal tokens i don’t know of any makers offhand that are a decent rate. maybe Lorehold Command?

It might be a higher power level than what you're looking for though

E: I checked blacksmithy's list twice before posting and missed it both times. As an alternative I offer

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've had my eye on Voice of Resurgence. I think it'd be one of the strongest cards in the format, but I'm willing to test it here to see how it feels.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

Intersects a lot of themes, a lot of value for a three-drop in E Domain though. Kaya's Guile is also quite pushed for this level.

Best ways to dump a shitload of mana from

Obviously some giant spell is sweet, but that's pretty difficult to actually utilize. As I've moved up in power level, these feel like these have lost their place.