General "Looking for a card"-Thread

These two come to mind as X spells that aren't unreasonable without the doubles but are absolutely nutso with them. Of course, this depends on how hard you want to push mono-B, as the direct damage mode on the command can get a little out of hand. This might be within your tolerance/an acceptable reward for leaning into the B devotion deck, though.

The card not rendering is the new Vorpal Sword from AFR. These are all reasonable without the doubling and pretty sweet with.

There's also this card, which I never knew existed until now. I'm not recommending it, mind you, but...look at it.

Isn't it just wild?

Edit: screw it, I'm officially recommending Helldozer. I've never played with it, but damn, it just looks like so much fun. This is what land destruction should look like.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I'm looking to diversify my aristocrats decks. Currently I run a lot of redundancy in the sac fodder department, and I just don't have a ton of sac outlets in the first place.
Here's a pile of recursive bodies I've considered:

And a few Sacrifice outlets:

What are your favorites?

Lands that function quite a bit better in 2c decks than in 3c?

Snarls and checks/buddies without typed duals seem good. So do pains, as you wouldn't want to run too many. Any more?

Last edited:
Yeah. The Pathway locking you into one color seems better for 2c. How was it not better? I had ruled them out due to DFC.

Well, my itself it would be, but in conjunction with other duals, particularly with other taplands, it mitigates their disadvantage by being an untapped land, and you can always choose the color your other dual isn't. So... it still works as well for 3c as for 2c.

Maybe a good 2c-only land if you ran just those, then? Wilds, etc, has that advantage because it can only provide one color at a time.

Yeah, I think it could work if you only had Pathways, but still would be such a strong force pulling you into 2 colors. 3 colors can use 30% of pathways while 2 color decks can use 10%.

Also, if you're playing on paper, we kind of hated flipping them in sleeves.

"...sigh, I guess I *really* need to play the backside this time... I have no other blue sources." - Wife

I don't think that having the potential to use more of something matters in this case. 5C decks can use 100% of Pathways, but I wouldn't recommend trying that. The AB deck can easily fix their second color while the ABC deck will have a slightly harder time.

That said, there might not be enough happening to discourage a 3C deck.

Specifically, I'm looking at discouraging Abzan in a Torment-Judgment style environment that would be very black heavy and have GW in opposition to that without encouraging people to go Abzan. Maybe there's a way to do that outside the lands? Bold in case people didn't read that far lol.