Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

Hm, okay, the mixed reactions here didn't help it. I guess what makes me ultimately not include it, is that you also need to be creature heavy. I'd like the majority of my card draw spells to be flexible and also go into something like a very creature-light {U/B}-control list.

yeah you want Night’s Whisper to support creature light control in Bx
EDIT- personal pet card Gifts Ungiven also tends to have lots of buddies in black, or you could try Mystical Teachings if your environment is slow enough to support it. but at 2 mana nights whisper is just good sauce

I'm with blacksmithy here. I lean towards cards like Night's Whisper, Ransack the Lab, Discerning Taste, and some of the black tutors as cards to consider for a variety of decks and for their usefulness during a variety of points in the game. I like some of those recursion pieces like Grim Discovery, Macabre Waltz, and Death Denied as refueling spells for later in the game in decks that can take advantage of the creature-based graveyard card selection and like putting enough early pressure on the opponent to cast these and subsequently follow-up with continued pressure.

I loved playing Warlock Class. It wasn't absurdly good or anything, but the card both smoothes your draw and creates a victory angle without being obviously made for aggro, control, or some microarchetype.

Pretty wordy though, and I don't know what the last ability means in terms of being a "warlock ability/spell".

Definitely going in my occasionals, possibly core module if I can tame the complexity.

What are people's opinions on this card? I don't know if it gives midrange decks the resilience to have a shot against the better control decks OR if it is just something that leads to very repetitive game play and is annoying because you can't really remove it (worse than Phyrexian Reclamation which can be removed or countered).

I have a soft spot for grindy value stuff, so I need some outside views on this.

3 mana is a lot. Even getting infinite doom blades for five mana via Shriekmaw is expensive and that's after you manage to put it into the graveyard and build a deck around it.

I like Genesis, a lot. Though it is too narrow and slow for cube imo. I play it in EDH and even there, in a deck centered on self mill and dredge, the three mana activation is too expensive most of the time.

Does anyone run anything like this? I'm unsure how I feel about 1/1s for 1, even those with handy abilities. It's definitely a lot worse without damage going on the stack :/

I ran this a long time ago, but I remember it wasn't very good then. If you cast it early, the opponent plays around it. It you cast it late, it's a bad Tremor. The flexibility creature/Tremor doesn't help that much because a 1/1 is such a weak body that you are always usually sad to have it, and if you wait to know if you'll need it, it's even more of a blank.

Tremor does hose non-flying tokens and some aggro decks though, so it's a fringe sideboard card.

Does anyone run anything like this? I'm unsure how I feel about 1/1s for 1, even those with handy abilities. It's definitely a lot worse without damage going on the stack :/
This guy would probably be pretty good in japahns tital war cube, but in any somewhat regular cube setting, it's probably not quite worth a slot in your final 23. However, it is a Tremor you can get back with all kinds of creature recursion and it triggers your Zulaport Cutthroat or similar, so there are some upsides over Tremor.