Sets (MH2) Modern Horizons 2 Previews

ravenoussquirrel.jpg

squirrelsanctuary.jpg

Ah sick, more support for my lower powered Abzan sacrifice decks
edit: hmm, for whatever reason on mobile I wasn’t shown the other posts, or maybe I completely missed what page I was on? Whatever still hyped for these.

Last edited:
swordofhomeandhearth.jpg

Sword of Home and Hearth said:
Sword of Home and Hearh
{3}
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from green and from white.

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, exile up to one target creature you own, then search your library for a basic land card. Put both cards on the battlefield under your control and then shuffle.
So it looks like the rest of the swords are in this set! I think if one were to play a Sword in a cube environment of a Low to Mid power level, the ones with protection from Green and Red or Green and White are the best options since those colors have the most ways to remove an artifact. As it stands, I think I may test this as part of my Stoneforge Mystic package if I open this card.

1621868804669.png

Man, I wish they would've mad the activation cost hybrid as well. I could've find space for a golgari hybrid, but my gold section is stacked.
I'm not really sure this qualifies as a gold card simply because it has a two-color activation. I could totally see this being played in a Bwr Aristocrats Shell or a gUR Artifacts/Clues decks to good effect. If I were to run this card, I would probably count it as a mono-black card, just because it jives best with what black tends to be doing. The GB activation is just gravy as I see it.

Sometimes I feel like a weird outsider within the magic community. I've checked this thread to see if anyone else thinks, that Bottle Golems is a sweet and cool magic card, and probably quite good with equipment ... only to read dozens of excited comments on this weird, unfun hate card, which I dismissed after even just reading it once before.

https://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums...h2-magiconline-twitter-bottle-golems-and-void

One card has some format-warping implications for a format that many people enjoy. The other is only really relevant to cubes that mimic slower retail limited and are focused on turning creatures sideways.

This forum is a niche corner of the cube community, and you have a unique perspective within that niche corner. I enjoy your perspective, but you are looking for and valuing things that aren't as relevant to a large portion of the magic community.

Last edited:
One card has some format-warping implications for a format that many people enjoy. The other is only really relevant to cubes that mimic slower retail limited and are focused on turning creatures sideways.

This forum is a niche corner of the cube community, and you have a unique perspective within that niche corner. I enjoy your perspective, but you are looking for and valuing things that aren't as relevant to a large portion of the magic community.

Oh, I know. Browsing these boards full of cool people I just sometimes forget, that so many others prefer to invest hundreds in degenerate modern decks, where stuff like void mirror might actually be an interesting tool, instead of curating a great limited format for potentially less money, where they could endlessly draft and play with their friends, even if those don't have cards!

Crazy world!

:mp:

Last edited:
When it comes to these hyper-specific vintage/legacy cards, they are almost always irrelevant to me. I do enjoy peripherally hearing about how they impact the format. I don't intimately follow it, but it's a pretty interesting to me and it's fun to hear about the unique meta concerns, because there's so little overlap elsewhere (particularly with vintage). It's more of a cerebral appreciation.

Last edited:
1621952617721.png

"Young Necromancer - Human Warlock
On ETB you may exile 2 cards from your graveyard. when you do, return target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield."

Fun continuation of the "Young" series, this one being a copycat/admirer of liliana. Pretty good card too. Searchable/recurrable recursion is always at least interesting. Strong in a Birthing Pod chain for example. Can combo with things. Neat.

Oh, this is very cool. Will get a hard look from me. Exiling any 2 cards is pretty clutch, and it being an etb trigger over cast means fun blink times ahead.