Sets (NEO) Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Previews

storyweave.jpg

That second choice is certainly a thing. Are there any Sagas where "play this, and immediately ult it for an extra {2}{G}" is especially crazy?
I don't think there are any sagas where paying {2}{G} and a card in addition to their normal costs to finish the saga immediately is worth the cost. The closest option is Teachings of the Kirin, and that's only because it curves out of this and leaves you with a creature that benefits from the counter boost.

I don't think there are any sagas where paying {2}{G} and a card in addition to their normal costs to finish the saga immediately is worth the cost. The closest option is Teachings of the Kirin, and that's only because it curves out of this and leaves you with a creature that benefits from the counter boost.

All the Sagas from this set leave you with a creature that benefits from the counter boost.

——

It would require a lot of mana and two cards for it to actually not just have the wording “Put 1 lore counter on” because unless you cast it on the same turn as the Saga, it will already be at chapter 2.

I have always liked this text. But it has never, ever been playable. Not even on the lowest of low power. I can’t even find room for Jarl of the Forsaken in my starter set that has plenty of Foretell cards.

0F86A3E1-D414-4B46-BA2E-4DA44537ACD2.jpeg

Is this doable?

@Onderzeeboot You have to admit that every time we get a leak, the photo quality is far below the ones @blacksmithy and I did in the custom thread :p I mean ours was just a bit dark on the lighting

I have always liked this text. But it has never, ever been playable. Not even on the lowest of low power. I can’t even find room for Jarl of the Forsaken in my starter set that has plenty of Foretell cards.

View attachment 6545

Is this doable?

@Onderzeeboot You have to admit that every time we get a leak, the photo quality is far below the ones @blacksmithy and I did in the custom thread :p I mean ours was just a bit dark on the lighting
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru!

Kg5y3mFqHIWeFzorrzUHpR7fAYw6GMRMDfiDREpNNmA.png
1BB
Sorcery
Choose one. If you control an artifact and an enchantment, you may choose both.
Exile target creature or planeswalker.
Return target creature or planeswalker card from your graveyard to your hand.

000be38ca8d55a1151ee23989b074f57.gif

Now THIS is the Murder-with-upside I've been looking for. Hype train aside, sorcery speed and wanting to be in a multitype-focused deck with creatures make it a little narrow, but exiling is super relevant and I think it competes nicely with Hero's Downfall.

Last edited:

View attachment 6545

Is this doable?

Jarl is okay but expensive. You have to have 4 mana open. The new one is cheap and replaces itself. It could be good enough. Leaving one black open is not conspicuous, leaving 4 mana open is quite conspicuous.

Also, hilariously, if you slap an Illusionist's Bracer on the Weaver, you can infinitely copy that activated ability (just use the copy to copy the original activated ability). This doesn't do anything useful, mind you, but it's something that you can do.

Neither of those are "may" abilities, so you can draw the game pretty easily. Maybe you should make a cube in which you only win if you force a draw? ;)

my arena artisan cube is getting a lot of changes with this set, it’s somewhat hard to evaluate the saga creatures but i feel a lot of them are at least worth testing

Reactions: dbs