General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

here's some stuff, the first four are really old designs of mine, came up with the other ones in response
Book of Zealous Prayers {W}
Enchantment
Sacrifice ~: Put a 1/1 white Cleric creature token with lifelink onto the battlefield.
{1}{W}, Sacrifice ~: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
{W}{W}{W}, Sacrifice ~: Exile target creature. Its controller gains life equal to its power.

vindicate land
Land
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
{T}: Add {B}, {G}, or {W} to your mana pool.
Exile ~, {2}{G/W}{B}, {T}: Destroy target permanent.

some red 2 drop {1}{R}
Creature - Human Wizard
{T}: Exile the top card of your library. You may play it this turn.
Discard a card, {2}{R}, {T}: Destroy target artifact.
2/2

possibly unfun experiment {3}{R}{R}
Sorcery
Shuffle target artifact or land into its owner’s library.
Cycling 3
Delve

naturalize maindeck Manarock {3}
Artifact
{T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
{2}, {T}, Sacrifice ~: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.

shatter maindeck burn {1}{R}
Instant
~ deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Exile ~ from your graveyard, {2}{R}: Destroy target artifact. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.

naturalize cascade {2}{G/W}
Instant
Cascade
Destroy up to one target artifact or enchantment.

edit: how do i hybrid

I like your unfun experiment.

Here's another sweet idea I'm sure chris has already seen

Astral Shove 2W
Instant
Put target artifact, enchantment or planeswalker on the top or bottom of it's owner's library.
Cycling 3

Chris Taylor

Contributor
the problem I have with that is the same one I have with bramblecrush, flavor wise: it seems really weird to kill magic stuff, or A PERSON. Something like oblivion ring or vindicate makes more sense to me because it's basically anything, but this is like
"Alright, no magic swords. Also I'm going to murder your friend over there"

Also LOL BREAK ASUNDER, THIS SHOULD COST {3}{W}{W} AND BE A SORCERY LOL

RE: Anotak, interesting stuff. Individual comments follow.

Teh Good Book: I guess this is a good way to make Mono White Mortify, but it seems a little cobbled together. Also who is really using that 1st mode? :p
Vindicate Land: No way is this fair :p Manafixing and the best removal spell ever?
Some Red 2 Drop: the base creature here is off the charts, but the shatter flashback thing is a nice touch. I think I'm fine with torch fiend in this department, but it could work.
Possibly Unfun Experiment: I don't quite know why it shuffles in, but demolish at a possibly good casting cost is worth looking into. I did cut pillage a while back though... :(
Naturalize Maindeck Manarock: I think I'll be putting essentially this into green :)g:{1}, adds {G} though). As it stands, this gives black a naturalize, which is probably a no no
Shatter Maindeck Burn: this probably needs to be a sorcery, and can probably have Flashback + the wording from the "increasing" cycle.
Naturalize Cascade: This card is REALLY good :p Cascade is a scary scary mechanic, and if it can make grey ogre one of the stronger cards in legacy, this probably needs nerfing. Also this is the whole problem I have with my existing disenchants, it doesn't do anything if there aren't targets.

filing another card in the camp of #thingsIcandobutWotCcan't

Land
CARDNAME enters the battlefield tapped unless you reveal your hand.
T: Add {U} or {W} to your mana pool.

Cycling {U}/{W} (I'm going with this until we figure it out)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Okay, I think I have a few:

Wild Brawl {2}{G} (Maybe {1}{G}?)
Instant
Choose one: Prey Upon or Shatter

Touch of the Harvest {G}{1}
Enchantment (Maybe artifact?)
~ Enters the battlefield tapped.
T: add :G: to your mana pool
{1}{G}, sacrifice ~: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.

Gentle Fist {W}{1}
Instant
Choose one: Harm's Way or Shatter

Ethrealize {W}{1}
Instant
Choose one: Turn to Mist or Demystify

Also, some random ones:

Dark Bargain {B}{B}
Sorcery
Kicker {4}
Reveal the top 4 cards of your library. Choose a card from among them and put it into your hand, and the rest in your graveyard.
If Dark Bargain was kicked, instead put all cards revealed this way into your hand.

(Essentially a black Grisly Salvage / Tidings Riff. I'm tired of Strategic Planning being blue's thing, and black needs some draw that doesn't also bolt/lava axe you)

Brilliance Engine {4}
T: Add 2 to your mana pool.
{3}, {T}: Draw a card

(Two terrible cards join forces to create a halfway decent one? Sisay's Ring + Jayemdae Tome for the curious)

Does anyone have good, relatively short, flavorful, and easy to remember names for Wedge trilands?
I was thinking something along the lines of "Primordial Lagoon" for the BUG one but that doesn't quite sound right. Something that gets across an image of something zerg-like evolving out of the muck.
Too bad Overgrown Estate is just a card. I have "Sylvan Path" written down for junk but that's terrible.

Okay, I think I have a few:
Wild Brawl {2}{G} (Maybe {1}{G}?)
Instant
Choose one: Prey Upon or Shatter

Touch of the Harvest {G}{1}
Enchantment (Maybe artifact?)
~ Enters the battlefield tapped.
T: add :G: to your mana pool
{1}{G}, sacrifice ~: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.

Gentle Fist {W}{1}
Instant
Choose one: Harm's Way or Shatter

Ethrealize {W}{1}
Instant
Choose one: Turn to Mist or Demystify

Also, some random ones:

Dark Bargain {B}{B}
Sorcery
Kicker {4}
Reveal the top 4 cards of your library. Choose a card from among them and put it into your hand, and the rest in your graveyard.
If Dark Bargain was kicked, instead put all cards revealed this way into your hand.

(Essentially a black Grisly Salvage / Tidings Riff. I'm tired of Strategic Planning being blue's thing, and black needs some draw that doesn't also bolt/lava axe you)

Brilliance Engine {4}
T: Add 2 to your mana pool.
{3}, {T}: Draw a card

(Two terrible cards join forces to create a halfway decent one? Sisay's Ring + Jayemdae Tome for the curious)
I would put wild brawl at {1}{G} because the two modes are worse than pit fight (no hybrid cost) and naturalize and this is cube where a little bit of a push is fine anyway.
touch of the harvest taps, should be an artifact unless you don't care about that.
Gentle fist should maybe do 3 damage instead of 2.
Etherealize seems weak unless blink is very supported in that cube
dark bargain makes me think of the flashback on Forbidden Alchemy
Brilliance Engine would be nuts in any control deck that doesnt feature much blue or black.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Wild Brawl at 2 I buy.
With Touch of the Harvest, I'm fine with enchantments tapping. It can be both for all I care, but I think it makes more flavor sense as an enchantment. What is a green artifact anyways? Unless we're on mirrordin, of course.
Gentle Fist at 3 damage I'd play on it's own and it would be insane, basically white incinerate. I think it's a little more believable at 2 damage.
Etherealize does slide opposing creatures, being a psudo-stun. Maybe that's not enough?
Dark Bargain: I know there's a bit of precedence for this, but it's about as much as there is for counterspells in white :p
Brilliance Engine: I don't see it being "Nuts", it's hardly the first example of colorless slow card draw :p I'll admit it's probably a little more playable than Staff of Nin in a cube enviornment, but I think that's more the nature of the format than objective power level. I think there could totally be a cube where staff of nin is sweet (just that mine isn't it).

I made these for CML, though he didn't end up using them. Please help yourself:
DarkHeartoftheForest-1.jpg
ShrinetotheWarfather-1.jpg
LushFalls.jpg
SeatoftheJudges-1.jpg
LifeshapersRefuge-1.jpg

Is there anything wrong with just using etb creatures? Duergar Hedgemage isn't the best, but he's a 2/2 when you really need one and Wear/Tear when he's good. You could always make a Fuse split card that turns a noncreature permanent into a creature. Maybe...

Growth {G}{U} // Decay {1}{U} {B}
Instant
Target noncreature permanent becomes a 3/3 Elemental with flying until EOT. // Target creature gets -3/-3 until EOT.
Fuse

It's a little expensive to fuse, but it's good at any point. Hydroform gets a little better when it can trade with a 6/6.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I have a few. What I want is something you'd be okay running in the main when your opponent has literal 0 targets in their deck, like putrefy. I want people to be reasonably happy with the worst case, and I'd be real embarrassed to run the various grey ogres that are available as ETB creatures.

Let me illustrate.

Manic Vandal is a card I'd be embarrassed to run with no targets. Now if he had haste?

Crazed Vandal {2}{R}
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may destroy target artifact
Haste
2/1

Then I could see it. I've cast a few unkicked goblin ruinblasters in my day, and while it's not a card I'd run if it didn't have the possible upside of shatter, neither is 2 color murder.

I like the idea on your fuse card, but it seems weird that a 3 color 5 mana spell is just imitating vindicate.
Honestly, I think if Growth was {G}{1} and decay was {B}{1} and they were both sorceries, we'd have an interesting card here.

I guess I've forgotten just how much it sucks to play three mana 2/2s when everything else is huge.

The mana cost is pretty wonky, I agree. I was trying to stick to Ravnica guilds, but that led to color pie problems.

As a sorcery, it loses some of the options and a lot of power. The front half needs to be good enough on its own to warrant inclusion in the first place. A 3/3 isn't worth a card if it doesn't stick around. Change it to red and it could be "target artifact/land = 5/1" or something + shock. But then it's just a complicated Pillage... Maybe it should just be Beast Within + Last Gasp? And then it's still a Vindicate... Designing is hard.

CML

Contributor
Chris's lands are a triumph. Anyone else make room for more than just 1-2 shardlands in funsies land draft /otherwise?

I'm pretty sure people will yell at me if I make this a 2/1 so it's not. I really like things that let you make use of lands in weird places / interact with lands in play.

World Wielder {1}{G}
Creature - Elf Wizard (U)
When World Wielder enters the battlefield, return a land you control to your hand then search your library for a plains, island, swamp, mountain or forest card and put it into play tapped.
1/1

Landfall x shelldock x looting x mana fixing

Yeah, I'm just pretty sure I wouldn't get away with a 2/1 on salvation without people trying to ram it or like boarderland ranger down my throat.

CML

Contributor
i'm a fan of borderland in cube, it's pretty good. lucre's design is amazing though

really neat design, but at first I misread that and it gave me an idea:

World Welder {G}
Creature - Elf Artificer
{T}: Choose target land a player controls and target land card in that player's graveyard. If both targets are still legal as this ability resolves, that player simultaneously sacrifices the land and returns the land card to the battlefield.
1/1

this is probably somehow broken

Hahahaha thanks guys! It's nice to have a couple ideas for cube these days, most of my designs of late have been spells with affinity for creature types and coloured permanents.

I think my conservatism worked this time, though when they can't find a reason to dismiss your idea off-hand based on how it breaks precedence you will always get a couple people telling you how they can't imagine playing your design over the existing cards you tried not to step all over.

I liked this response, you can sorta tell he wishes very badly that he had something damning to say about the card but he's content to contrive this advice so I know he's got his eye on me. This is the sort of guy that really wants to remind you that wizards doesn't print stone rain anymore and land destruction costs 4 now.
Silvercut said:
Does this need "...you may return a land ... If you do, search..." so that you can decide not to use it, or be allowed to forget about the trigger without breaking the rules, and if you somehow manage to play this without any lands out then you don't get a free land.

I think it needs to have some more restriction on what it can search for so it is not too much better than Sylvan Ranger. The Farseek idea, but leaving it at returning any land, would be a good enough compromise because then Ranger is still better in a monocolored deck.

[box]When CARDNAME enters the field, you may return a land you control to its owner's hand. If you do, search your library for a Plains, Island, Swamp, or Mountain card, put it onto the field tapped, then shuffle your library.[/box]

The name "World Wielder" sounds like some kind a of gigantrous beasty that can actually pick up the ground and hurl it at your enemies. This card's name should just convey that it is an explorer or immigrant moving to a new land, or maybe exiled or banished from its homeland.

Maybe I should stop this before I get bitter hahaha

More bad ideas:

Cult Leader (1)(w/b)(w/b)
Creature - Human Cleric (U)
Whenever Cult Leader enters the battlefield or dies put a 1/1 white cleric creature token into play.
"Visionary or martyr, these suckers will buy anything."
2/2

CML

Contributor
Out of all the characters in great literature or filmography I think I am most like Servo