General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

I'll throw in a random card i designed ages ago to amuse lucre.

[flickerdeath] 1ww
Creature - Human soldier
Flash, First Strike
when Flickerdeath enters the battlefield, exile target attacking creature.
1ww, T: Exile Flickerdeath, then return it to the battlefield under its owner’s control.
2/1

Laz

Developer
I'll throw in a random card i designed ages ago to amuse lucre.

[flickerdeath] 1ww
Creature - Human soldier
Flash, First Strike
when Flickerdeath enters the battlefield, exile target attacking creature.
1ww, T: Exile Flickerdeath, then return it to the battlefield under its owner’s control.
2/1

I presume it behaves like Oblivion Ring, and doesn't just kill everything for 1WW. Even if it does return the other creature afterwards, then it has the same issues if it ever gets haste...

Was thinking about lands, trying to make playable single colour effects. Went with basic land types so the can be flicked out with fetch lands:

Recall camp
Land - plains
Enters tapped. When ~ enters the battlefield, you may return a creature you control to owners hand.

Watchtower island
Land - island
Enters tapped. When ~ enters the battlefield, you may look at target players hand.

Forest path
Land - forest
Enters tapped. When ~ enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a land card, reveal it and put it on top of your library.

Struggling a bit with the red black lands:

Timeless mountain path
Land - mountain
Enters tapped. When ~ enters the battlefield, add or remove a time counter from target spell or permanent.

Playable?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I really like the idea of playing with a haste-granting tapland. Like, you gotta do some prep work and sequencing to get proper value out of it, but it can really throw your opponent for a loop. Hasty Grim Lavamancer, go!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Hasty Land rubs me the right way

Does black want something boring like "Shock Them" or something weird like "give someone intimidate"?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
yeah, not so hot on regen.
the -1-1 counter could work. I worry that it's good or bad depending on what your opponent does, not what you do.

Maybe that's not worth worrying about?

something else i had in the ropes for a set Back in the days. I really liked the way this card interacted with the boardstates so here it is:

[Oppressive Broadsword] 2
Artifact - Equipment
equipped creature gets +4/+3 and doesn’t untap during its controllers untap step.
equip 2W (2W: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)
UU: Attach CW06 — Opressive broadsword to target creature an opponent controls

More from my Lucas Loves Lands series

Clifftop Altar {2}
Artifact
{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool.
({R}/{G}),{T}, Discard a land card from your hand: Draw a card.

Vandal Camp
Land - Mountain
Vandal Camp enters the battlefield tapped.
When Vandal Camp enters the Battlefield, you may pay {1}{R}{R}, if you do, destroy target artifact or land.
Vandal Camp
Land
As Vandal Camp enters the Battlefield, you may pay {1}{R}{R}, if you do, Vandal Camp enters the battlefield tapped and destroy target artifact or land.

Vandal Camp
Land
{T}: Add {R} to your mana pool, Vandal Camp deals 1 damage to you.
As Vandal Camp enters the Battlefield, you may pay {1}{R}{R}, if you do, Vandal Camp enters the battlefield tapped and destroy target artifact or land.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I like vandal camp. Probably the painland version the best, the tapped one means aggro won't want it, and the colorless one is weird having it trigger a double red requirement

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
More from my Lucas Loves Lands series

Clifftop Altar {2}
Artifact
({R}/{G}),{T}, Discard a land card from your hand: Draw a card.

Vandal Camp
Land - Mountain
Vandal Camp enters the battlefield tapped.
When Vandal Camp enters the Battlefield, you may pay {1}{R}{R}, if you do, destroy target artifact or land.
Vandal Camp
Land

Vandal Camp
Land
{T}: Add {R} to your mana pool, Vandal Camp deals 1 damage to you.

Is the trigger worded correctly? Can't you pay the cost with Vandal Camp before it gets tapped?

I was going with clone wordings. Or don't shocks use the as it enters wording? Doesn't the ability stack like any sorcery thing? I play my land it reminds me I have an opportunity to make a choice, your opponent gets the chance to respond to said interaction?