General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

I designed quite a few flash devour 2 and 3 drops before I knew that card existed. I saw devour as a narrow mechanic that must have only been realized in a couple of niche cards / combinations. Very exciting figuring out angles that work though.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
oh man who was doing the manlands?
1488098_10151900593038264_2011703235_n.jpg

It's actually a way for a GU land to ramp! (And be a wincondition :p)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Have there ever been land tokens before?

I like to live on the wild side anyways.

At one point my cube had a card in it that said "Creatures you control are clone"
They can clone different stuff, they can be themselves, they can clone creatures that have since died... ALL YOUR DUDES

Needless to say it was removed due to memory issues

3/2? RB activation cost?
the more i think about it, the more i wonder if the whole concept of the card is just bad, the whole point of manlands is to use spare mana but the thing wants you to use ALL your mana. i feel like it would be too silly for it to be actually good and have the pay X ability

Vivified Canopy

Never ever scared to attack because you'll just get another one! It should probably say "if this card isn't a token" or some other clunky phrase so you can't pay twelve mana to attack with two 3/3s. Wait...

whats the minimum buff to give to it to let people like it

3/2 First strike (instead of firebreathing) and switching its colors with raging ravine were the two most popular choices among my players, but we ended up not doing anything and just letting it be grixis control's colonade.

1BR: 3/1 sacrifice a permanent to regen. Maybe even BR?

BR: 4/1

1BR: 2/2 and when it becomes a creature target player loses 2 life.

3BR: Becomes a 3/3 and when it becomes a creature it deals 2 damage to target player.

You don't like:

Sandshark Valley
Land (R)
Sandshark Valley enters the battlefield tapped.
{T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.
{B}{R}: Sandshark Valley becomes a 4/1 black and red elemental creature until end of turn. Target opponent is in big trouble.

not knowing which cool idea to use is a good problem to have

i like the sac one a lot because it can help support sac themes but at the same time that could potentially be oppressive to have an outlet on a land that can be activated over and over

4/1 just feels nice actually, i like that the most atm. make me think of ashenmoor liege.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
yeah I'm not sure what the correct cost for "some damage, rampant growth, buyback 0" is, since the cards not mine :p
It seems a little low

I think of cards like this when I think about designing limited formats / beginners cubes:

Word of Weakness {1}{B}
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant creature, flash
Enchanted creature gets -2/-2.

Or

Word of Weakness {2}{B}
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant creature, flash
Enchanted creature gets -3/-3.

Stinking Pile {2}{B}{B}
Creature - Ooze (C)
When Stinking Pile enters or leaves the battlefield you lose 1 life.
4/4

Ruby Drake {2}{R}
Creature - Drake (U)
Flying
When Ruby Drake Enters the battlefield, you may put a instant or sorcery card from your graveyard on top of your library.
2/1

Rage Drake {3}{R}
Creature - Drake (U)
Flying, haste
At the end of your turn, if Rage Drake did not attack, sacrifice it.
3/2

Daughter of the Woods {G}
Creature - Elf Druid (C)
If you payed the kicker cost Daughter of the Woods enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it.
{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool.
Kicker - {4}
1/1

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Lucas those are all boss!
Core set cube is a topic that comes up now and again, and while it's not my bag, it's certainly something worth pursuing