General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

Is there room for Anotak's (IIRC) awesome card idea here?
High_Dry_small.png
yeah that's mine

i think i just used the art from mana tithe / force spike tho

I feel like low impact cantrips matter more than 20-25th cards that might become decent sb additions. It's rare a player removes an ez cantrip for a cheap card that draws 1.

Honestly we privilege card velocity and graveyard over on-board-counting these days (unless you and I are enemies) . Manamorphoae is deeper than you think

I love the modal, especially because Arc Lightning is great and I like it even more in the hands of a red-lover than as a splash for UBxyz Card Advantage Lord.

I love the modal, especially because Arc Lightning is great and I like it even more in the hands of a red-lover than as a splash for UBxyz Card Advantage Lord.

Your cube is super limited-esque right? Isn't arc like way overpowered for you? Peasant cube decks that have both arc lightnings I always feel like I've already 3-0'd with and ain't gotta play the games.

Stun Fortress
Land
{T}: add 1
{1}{R}, {T}, target creature can't block until end of turn

{1}{R}{R}
Sorcery
Choose one:
-Threaten
-Arc Lightning

Okay well I kinda already told ya you don't need more 3s but more red threes especially okay?
Double red is also weird to me, it's like a particular fuck you to control decks (off hand threaten is already a get fukkd to midranged). Arc is a card worth splashing for and a card that is very sensitive to over saturation, especially in 2/1ville. You know you got me bad this week.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Your cube is super limited-esque right? Isn't arc like way overpowered for you? Peasant cube decks that have both arc lightnings I always feel like I've already 3-0'd with and ain't gotta play the games.

Okay well I kinda already told ya you don't need more 3s but more red threes especially okay?
Double red is also weird to me, it's like a particular fuck you to control decks (off hand threaten is already a get fukkd to midranged). Arc is a card worth splashing for and a card that is very sensitive to over saturation, especially in 2/1ville. You know you got me bad this week.

If this thing is single red I don't see it ever being cast by an aggro player is what I'm saying, owing partially to how good arc lightning can be. :p

I feel you on the threes, but this would be replacing a three, not adding a new one, so it's a net nothing.

also didn't you win our match? :p

Hey girls! I have a netbook now so I can use the dumb smileys again!

{W/B}
Enchantment
When NAME enters the battlefield draw a card.
Extort {W/B}

{W/B}
Creature - Human Cleric
Extort {W/B}
Exalted
{W/B}{W/B}, pay 2 life: Add {W}{W}, {W}{B} or {B}{B} to your mana pool.
1/1

{W}
Creature - Human Cleric
Exalted
{T}: Target attacking or blocking creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/1

{1}{U}
Creature - Human Wizard
Flash
Contract - {1}{U}, Discard NAME: counter target spell unless it's controller pays {1}.
2/1

{1}{U}
Instant
Counter target spell unless its controller pays {1}, if they did you may draw a card.

{1}{G/W}
Creature - Human Scout
Flash
When NAME enters the battlefield if an opponent drew a card this turn that was not for turn you may draw a card too you scamp.
2/1

Being able to pump the same attacking creature twice might be too good on a 1 drop.

The blue instant just seems like a worse Miscalculation.

Being able to pump the same attacking creature twice might be too good on a 1 drop.

The blue instant just seems like a worse Miscalculation.

Which one do you think is more interesting darling? You're looking at a soft counter that will always give you a card yes, but it's also probably going to be trading up, getting your opponent to pay 1 isn't insignificant but I wouldn't expect people to understand that without having played with that sort of thing.

Yeah the pump guy is really crazy good with, say, legionnaire.. I guess if you cube really powerful one and two drops and completely inadequate removal etc lol. I really hope this card isn't any harder to beat than a goblin guide into ash coat etc

Are you mainly worried because it makes blocking difficult?

Which one do you think is more interesting darling? You're looking at a soft counter that will always give you a card yes, but it's also probably going to be trading up, getting your opponent to pay 1 isn't insignificant but I wouldn't expect people to understand that without having played with that sort of thing.
The card is going to be hitting much less often than Miscalculation or even Force Spike, and I don't think the pay 1 is going to be relevant often enough to care about. You're probably not going to be playing this against 2+ open mana (because you'd rather try to counter the follow-up spell), so the only case with actual upside is that they had an extra 1 drop to cast and you spent 2 mana to delay that. That's not a good return on 2 mana in the early game.

Yeah the pump guy is really crazy good with, say, legionnaire.. I guess if you cube really powerful one and two drops and completely inadequate removal etc lol. I really hope this card isn't any harder to beat than a goblin guide into ash coat etc

Are you mainly worried because it makes blocking difficult?
Yeah, the removal isn't always there and I could easily see a 2 drop backed by double pump being unanswerable for a few turns, and once it's answered a mid-range guy with double pump could close out the game or just keep trading way up. Basically it turns combat way in your favor without having to risk it's own ass in combat. The only 1 drop that could compete with that value is Noble Hierarch, and that's more conditional. I might just be off base and it's fine, but I'd be wary of it.

i feel like if you can't see yourself paying 1U to make your opponent spend mana in a stupid way and draw a card while you're at it you probably haven't played much with remand. The cube I'm playing in mostly these days is about pretty tight mana and efficient use of your time and cards though so maybe people with more midranged or value oriented environments can't relate. This isn't remand but it's just as interesting in a very different way.

I dunno if you are fighting double exalted + 2drop and already at a losing disadvantage because you haven't drawn your removal I feel like you are having a totes hobbled game already or maybe need better cards in your deck. Like this card could just be a reliable extra 2 point attacker at this cost too right? And yes I understand it functions a little like equipment, but still very vulnerable equipment you need to get to declare attackers to even use. Plus white aggro is dumb and static enough as is, why not let them have a couple more tricks up their sleeve this is honestly no mother of runes. If you want the full +2 you are probably leaving more than this moron at home anyway if you're swinging with midranged dudes.

This is only broken with Geist because Geist is already a pretty broken card #dontblamemybaby

I've played with Remand plenty, but I don't think I've ever Remanded a 1 drop, much less considered it a good use of my mana.

I have been playing a lot of Hearthstone arena lately, which might be messing with my card evaluation on the double exalted guy, but I think this is way better than an Isamaru. A average sequence would be something like turn 1 this guy, turn 2 swing with a 2/2, play Thalia, turn 3 start swinging with a 4/3 first strike, and if they manage to trade with it (at 2-for-1 or worse), your next threat is equally above the curve.

I just don't recommend curbing with Thalia that card is never a positive play experience lol.

I've used remand plenty of times to really fuck with what my opponent is allowed to do on their 4-6 mana turns, but I play a lot of decks that try to play more than one spell per turn and those are the decks that I lose most often to. Plus I've also just condescended a jillion spells for 1 over the years. This card is basically always gonna be getting its card and trading relatively even.

I don't see the issue with Lucre's counterspell. It's the first half of Think Twice that taxes a spell or it's a two mana force spike. Taxing spells is strong. As an example, counter a three drop on their five mana -> they choose to pay and now can't pay for a removal spell or creature they wanted to be leaving open/casting, or you get the 2CMC counter. It gets slightly worse later in the game, but can still be that first half of Think Twice. Neat card.

Yeah, Double Pump dude is wicked strong. Pretty much the line psly4mne laid out. Puts each of your bigger threats way ahead of curve, and even without exalted Infantry Veteran is a strong effect for making blocks bad. And this can affect blocks too. :eek:

EDIT: And it doesn't have to be Thalia (who I think is awesome). Could just as easily be Consul's Lieutenant, nest invader, or war-name aspirant etc etc

I don't see the issue with Lucre's counterspell. It's the first half of Think Twice that taxes a spell or it's a two mana force spike. Taxing spells is strong. As an example, counter a three drop on their five mana -> they choose to pay and now can't pay for a removal spell or creature they wanted to be leaving open/casting, or you get the 2CMC counter. It gets slightly worse later in the game, but can still be that first half of Think Twice. Neat card.

Yeah, Double Pump dude is wicked strong. Pretty much the line psly4mne laid out. Puts each of your bigger threats way ahead of curve, and even without exalted Infantry Veteran is a strong effect for making blocks bad. And this can affect blocks too. :eek:

EDIT: And it doesn't have to be Thalia (who I think is awesome). Could just as easily be Consul's Lieutenant, nest invader, or war-name aspirant etc etc

Maybe I should have explained it a lil better but I think you get it, I like the idea of people getting used to more weird remand interactions from blue and trying to simulate the remand experience for players and opponents without making it too prone to opponent decision problems.

!!!! I've made anthems with exalted but never a straight splashable anthem with extort before. That was back in my half-MTGS days though when I was trying to make a printable one and not something that would be negging an iconic card.

While thinking of weenie and token cards recently I imagined 2W leonin scimitar that also just gave all of your creatures +1/+1... Seemed lame to me though.

Is this card too busted lol

(WB)
Enchantment
Exalted
Extort (WB)
ETB draw a card.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I actually like the idea of that 2W scemitar though. Not enough to stop me putting in the above card, but I like it

Edit: My hand slipped
Vanguards Banner.jpg

You've seen all my more tempered ideas for new anthems and new pacifisms though... But I guess that was like probz 3 years ago hmm.

The 2WW anthems that either make a soldier or put a counter on a creature that detains it are pretty sweet though right?

Anthem is a fucked card because it's real on and off and most cubes (us and the monoliths) have weird token saturation that adds to the peak valley nature of them. Cycling is a fine solution here but even better is making it gw hybrid. But you know me I love cards I can use in flexible aggro decks and control decks. You have enough man lands though, that anthems are at worst just guhh.