Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Mind, because of how Fading works, it will only disappear at the beginning of your upkeep. (At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a fade counter from ~. If you can't, sac it.)

Am I being really stupid, or could this card actually not suck? Decks with AjaniG could be interested, along with players who are drafting Archangel of Thune, planeswalkers, Stromkirk Noble, E1, Scavenging Ooze, Aristocrat, LolTroll, Triskelion, Zegana, Tangle Wire, Smokestack, Jitte, Skinrender, Geralfs Messenger, Strangleroot geist, even coalition relic. Or is proliferate just a stupid mechanic?

personally, i hate drawing 2 cards as a sorcery, unless it is for 2 mana. the proliferate part better be nuts for me to like this

What I liked about it was that it was a colourless divination that also had the possibility to do something useful, but it might still be all too situational.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

Am I being really stupid, or could this card actually not suck? Decks with AjaniG could be interested, along with players who are drafting Archangel of Thune, planeswalkers, Stromkirk Noble, E1, Scavenging Ooze, Aristocrat, LolTroll, Triskelion, Zegana, Tangle Wire, Smokestack, Jitte, Skinrender, Geralfs Messenger, Strangleroot geist, even coalition relic. Or is proliferate just a stupid mechanic?

I think it's a cool card. I run it as a 2x in my Eldrazi cube. Also works with stuff like unleash, any PW, Gemstone Mine, all sorts of things. Maybe run it with Cloudfin Raptor?

I played this in standard in what I think was a Conley Woods brew, mostly proliferating these cards:

Proliferate can be great, I'd give it a go. I mostly dislike phyrexian mana but drawing cards is bleh enough to me compared to stealing stuff or killing it that I'd try it.

That deck also made me come to love a pet card of mine I had forgotten about but now I'm wondering about:

Flexible, powerful effect stapled to a weak body is a great thing in my book.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Bloodhusk is a solid card if you're looking to include some anti-control. I remember getting blown out by it in Standard a couple times.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor

Is this card shit? Y/N

As I said in another thread, this card is ridiculously hard to evaluate, but I've come around on it and actually think Erebos is legit so long as your black section has a high density of creatures, cards that recur creatures and enchantments. Some lifegain also helps.

I think the quality of that card entirely depends on your black section. Makes me want to run cards like Oubliette. I think it could potentially open doors into an Enchantment theme as well.

CML

Contributor

Is this card shit? Y/N

most definitely. run it anyway, it's a lot of fun and contextually good

i once tried tezzeret's gambit, but nobody wanted it, though it is abstractly a strong card. should i try again?

edit: tezz's gambit is worthy of consideration before volt charge because 1. it's a colorless effect multiple colors might want 2. it's more reasonably costed if you "don't give a damn about those prolifer(ates)" 3. it's cooler

I've been working on developing another lower powered cube that uses proliferate cards as part of a theme. I keep meaning to write it up in the cube lists forum, but haven't got around to it yet. Here's a quick peak though if you're interested: http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/1147
I think this looks really cool, I think Erebos is pretty crap, unless you change the card draw to B, Oubliette is sweet and I prefer Gambit over Volt charge since it goes into all the decks. That's why I enjoy phyrexian mana, do you take that shock for some power earlier, or can you afford to wait?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Image.ashx

Anybody ever play with this one?

CML

Contributor
yeah, when i was like 8. it's a sweet cycle though, the cards are strong even by modern standards

erebos is very playable and is better turned-off than Nylea and Heliod