Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Massive target on his head, can get way out of hand in the right deck- I would be afraid in one of these many-brainstorm cubes. He's kinda like wake thrasher in that it's essentially a vanilla huge/huge for {2}{U}, you just have to work for it a little bit, so it gets the added bonus of always being big and popping babies when it dies.

Can this card be fair? This is assuming there's no busted combo pieces to draw into. I figure it'd be mostly used in a control deck, where if that deck has a large life total by the time they get to 6 mana, that's your own damn fault for not pressuring them enough. I could just be underestimating it and it's just irredeemably busted, though.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Bargain swings wildly between 'this card is terrible, why is it in your Cube' and 'this card is broken, why is it in your Cube' with very little in between

CML

Contributor
I tried Bargain as an Academy Rector target and uh it is very bad. Necropotence is probably more what you're looking for? Though I haven't tried it. Rector is the tits though.

?

Bargain was usually not strong enough. Necropotence was usually stronger and still not too broken, though a bit narrow.

Wonder is like, one of my favorite magic cards. It might be time to give it another shot.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Erebos is great, but he is pretty contingent on becoming a threat.

Bargain is just ultra swingy. If your cube is glacial enough, I'm sure its awesome, but in most cubes trying to win off a Tidings is unlikely, nevermind a higher casting cost Tidings that costs a ton of life. Necropotence is the better card and the intrinsic synergy with Gray Merchant is pretty awesome.

My favorite long game black card advantage engine:

P.S. Wonder rocks socks.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Erebos is great, but he is pretty contingent on becoming a threat.

Bargain is just ultra swingy. If your cube is glacial enough, I'm sure its awesome, but in most cubes trying to win off a Tidings is unlikely, nevermind a higher casting cost Tidings that costs a ton of life. Necropotence is the better card and the intrinsic synergy with Gray Merchant is pretty awesome.

My favorite long game black card advantage engine:

P.S. Wonder rocks sucks.

I too can vouch for this masterpiece. Jesus the inevitability this thing creates is nuts, but it's never broken because of how painful it is

Another vote for Reclamation here. Tried it out after seeing it here as well. It's been incredible. I had a sequence last draft where it was Ooze vs. Reclamation fighting over a Grave Titan. Pretty sweet.

CML

Contributor
maybe i need to try it again but my experience with reclamation was that it did nothing

yawg will is really fun

wheel of fortune is one of those cards i really wanted to work but didn't

timetwister clearly does nothing. has anyone tried time spiral? curious about that one

maybe i need to try it again but my experience with reclamation was that it did nothing

yawg will is really fun

wheel of fortune is one of those cards i really wanted to work but didn't

timetwister clearly does nothing. has anyone tried time spiral? curious about that one

I've never cast Time Spiral, but I've played against it a few times in traditional powermax cubes. It usually does something pretty crazy, but unpredictable. You usually need to have board control before you cast it. If you're getting beaten down, it's probably not going to help you stabilize since the other deck gets to reload too. If you're comboing off, though, it'll usually win you the game on the spot. I dunno. I'd never run it. I find that kind of card distasteful.

Omg guys casting pressure point on a dash guy really feels like casting remand. Actually it feels pretty amazing casting it against any haste play etc.

CML

Contributor
so is it useless if we're not comboing off?

actually comboing off is the only thing that's cool about power cube. anyone who can draft a storm deck is an idiot and a genius and one of us