Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

What conditions and other cards would I need for it to be interesting an fun?
I think some redundancy of the effect would be sweet. Schafkurai mentioned Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and that is a good one. There is also Nexus of Fate which is less obvious, but a lot of fun (by my standards) to optimize.

For the Oracle to shine, I'd be looking at a mix of one-shot and repeatable self-mill enablers

A bunch of ways to recur it in case it hits the GY

Other GY matters payoffs to signal that a coherent deck is supported

There are other, more spicy ways to win

Artifact draw 7

Paradox Engine combo

One card engines (that you don't want, I know!)

Storm (tame version)

And a bunch more. Fun card, highly recommend!

bad removal+having an artifact on the board for improvise/all that glitters/any artifact synergy. Good in low power environment that supports both sac and artifact matters

it's basically a more flexible bone splinters in white. it's not as low power as it might appear at a first glance - 1 mana removal is very powerful as a rule, and being able to sacrifice a random treasure or token for it is a price a lot of decks are willing to pay. not being cmc limited makes it a nice comparison to portable hole and the like, and ward 2 makes it really likely to stick around, especially if you're low on mass artifact removal. it's certainly not perfect, but i think it's a solid role player in lower power or mid power environments.

Werewolves/Wolves play well with Standstill. Stuff like Mayor of Avabruck and Nightpack Ambusher.

Level Up/ Figure of Destiny-type cards play really well with it.

Activated Abilities in general are a strong pairing, and of course, having a threatening board state that demands an answer from your opponent is a pretty guaranteed Standstill trigger.

If you support a "Draw-Go" Tempo archetype it shouldn't have an issue being playable imo.

Last edited:
After pondering a bit, it's also basically "just" a 2-mana draw spell. That's pretty good, but I don't know if I would consider for instance Treasure Cruise to be too broken for the power level of cubes I'd wanna build.

I have a copy so, I'll just try it.

This screams broken engine possibility to me, just unsure how to maximize it. The obvious way is with "free" creatures like

I'm a fan of the Emissary and the Faeries, but the others not so much (Dockside can really pop off but is too conditional).

You could combine those with cards that ping on ETB to dome the opponent:

Value creatures are another obvious avenue to take, but much harder to abuse because of limited mana.

Cost reducers would make chaining the spells a lot easier

Aluren is busted with the Curio, but looks dubious outside of it. I am already sold on Earthcraft being great so that's a combo already in place. The monuments seem fun as they both reduce the costs and trigger on each cast.

What are you thinking in regards to Cloudstone Curio?