General (SNC) Streets of New Capenna Previews

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2 look like my kind of humor, so those are still on my to watch list (which shows you how often I watch movies, considering that the first movie is already 8 years old XD). I'll add Spiderverse but make no promises to watch it any time soon :)

Maestros Ascendancy looks fun!

Edit: I also didn't mean to bring all the superhero genre haters out of the woodwork here. There's nothing wrong with liking those movies Velrun, I promise! :D

maestrosdiabolist.jpg

Hmm...

This is the longest we've made it into spoiler season without any clear inclusions for my cube (not counting the tri-lands that were previewed very early), but I'm really digging the vibes here.

As an entertainment industry professional who watches too many movies, I can happily say with minimal authority:

Marvel movies are OK, but are also often lacking artistry and weirdly sexless. I've seen all of them (for some reason? I dunno, they're culturally relevant enough I'd want to I guess) but there's only a handful I'd recommend to anyone who's not already completely bought in, like the Guardians of the Galaxy films Onderzeeboot mentioned.

Spiderverse kicks all kinds of ass and is the best Western comic book related media I've ever seen. Like Sigh mentioned, you can hate superheroes as a concept and still get a ton from this movie.

Arcane is incredible and surprised the animation industry at large. (And although it's not actually anime,) major anime creators, critics, and other industry folks adore it and consider it some of the best TV in recent years. No need to like/be aware of LoL to enter.

Everyone should watch more anime if you want to experience good art and entertainment. Tell me your favorite things to watch and I'll help recommend anime films and series, but maybe in another thread?

All that said, I was expecting to have a tri-colored card that got my blood pumping like Zacama, Primal Calamity does by now in spoiler season. Staying hopeful, and keeping a sharp eye out for Jund and Bant, where I have the Hierarchs slotted right now in my indecision.

That's the kind of 3 colored card I can get behind! Here's to hope it's at least 5 (likely), maybe even 10 (unlikely) like her in the set.

The big question is: How do we slot her in, if we wanted to cube her? I personally would even consider adding her in a mono black slot, as {2}{B}{B}{B} isn't that hard to cast in orzhov or golgari decks even, and I do have a mono color theme.

This card is single-handedly going to revive the “where to place Kird Ape” debate. I think it’s Mono-black with upside.

I really wish the ability to cast cards with collection counters was tied to the cards themselves and not controlling Evelyn. I think she’s too fragile for a lot of environments in her current state, which is a pity because she’s such a cool design!

Hopefully the rest of the cycle lives up to the
promise this girl sets out, I really like the costing structure here.

Staying hopeful, and keeping a sharp eye out for Jund and Bant, where I have the Hierarchs slotted right now in my indecision.
And those are mono-green cards :confused:

And those are mono-green cards :confused:

I agree, but organizing it this way let me fit two more graveyard-centric slots in green I was having trouble justifying before while skipping out on Jund and Bant cards that I wasn't feeling too strongly. I was planning on switching them back with this set.

Black Mulldrifter with flash instead of Evoke! Also limits you to "once each turn" for no reason except to add more text to the card I guess. I like how you can still play cards exiled that way even if she's blinked or reanimated, and the occasional vampire tribal upside.

This is really the flexible 3-colored spell I like, but I'm also happy to classify it as mono black because it's good enough where I would be perfectly fine with a {2}{B}{B}{B} cost, and the opportunity to pay with other colors is just upside. The only issue with that is making sure my drafters get that, but I think it'll be OK.

This is the first non-triland I'm excited about. It's wordier than I'd like still but it's an easy enough effect to immediately grok for most I think.

FP1bQIEXEAYVcuv.png

Wow, love her!

Good art, good name, good creature type, pseudo-evasion, card advantage, more treasure tokens? Fantastic package overall.

Too bad I can't imagine anything in my red 3s that I can imagine replacing
Maybe this is it for Feldon, and I chip away at that wonderful archetype? Imperial Recruiter is the only generic foodstuff card there, that actually may be a good cut...

View attachment 6748

Wow, love her!

Good art, good name, good creature type, pseudo-evasion, card advantage, more treasure tokens? Fantastic package overall.

Too bad I can't imagine anything in my red 3s that I can imagine replacing
Maybe this is it for Feldon, and I chip away at that wonderful archetype? Imperial Recruiter is the only generic foodstuff card there, that actually may be a good cut...
looking at this list id recommend cutting one of krenko, feldon, or prankster

Honestly, I hope all of the colors get as much love as Grixis is getting.

I'm especially interested in the Naya Go-Wide cards and the Esper "Aggro" cards, myself.

securityrhox.jpg

YO!

Look at this guy. This ungulate gentleman is making me think thoughts of Capitalism.

AKA I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to rip apart and rebuild the Capitalism Cube again. Maybe it'll have actual archetypes and themes this time.

securityrhox.jpg

YO!

Look at this guy. This ungulate gentleman is making me think thoughts of Capitalism.

AKA I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to rip apart and rebuild the Capitalism Cube again. Maybe it'll have actual archetypes and themes this time.

What a communist way of thinking. Let the invisible hand of the market select the most competitive archetypes and cull out the inefficient ones!

What a communist way of thinking. Let the invisible hand of the market select the most competitive archetypes and cull out the inefficient ones!
Ah, but in this case I am the global cabal of billionaires who has consolidated all wealth, and who use the fiction of a free market to hide their tooth-and-nail fight against any attempt to wrest that wealth from their grubby, caviar-stained fingers the invisible hand of the market!

Ah, but in this case I am the global cabal of billionaires who has consolidated all wealth, and who use the fiction of a free market to hide their tooth-and-nail fight against any attempt to wrest that wealth from their grubby, caviar-stained fingers the invisible hand of the market!
This is why we need Syndicalism