Sets (VOW) Crimson Vow

Isn't that pretty much exactly the wording they did use? unless I'm missing something. I think it should be a bulleted list like choice phrases are.
Mill the top card of your library, if it's a:
- Land, do X
- creature, do Y
- nonland, noncreature, do Z

Isn't that pretty much exactly the wording they did use? unless I'm missing something. I think it should be a bulleted list like choice phrases are.
Mill the top card of your library, if it's a:
- Land, do X
- creature, do Y
- nonland, noncreature, do Z
If they are cooling introducing Cleave, they can do this imo.

I was trying to come up with a more intuitive solution with code, but turns out that English is better for this card.

Python:
def etb(self):
  self._dig()

def upkeep(self):
  self._dig()

def _dig(self):
  milled = mill(self.controller, 1)
  if any(['Land' in c.types for c in milled]):
    create(Treasure())
  if any(['Creature' in c.types for c in milled]):
    create(CreatureToken(Insect, 1, 1, G))
  if any(['Creature' not in c.types and 'Land' not in c.types for c in milled]):
    create(Blood())

Druidic Satchel templates things in a more compact manner — "if it's a [type] card" instead of "if a [type] card is milled this way".

But then there is:

Probably would need to add something to the comprehensive rules to word it like you suggested, but it would be slightly cleaner and might be worth it.

I don't run any +1 with tempo ETBs unless they have a drawback or are higher up in the curve to deserve it.

Like this one. Finally some mild graveyard hate that doesn't have a bunch of OP effects tacked on. Just an under statted dude who will affect the board and the yard.

I don't read DFCs. You guys were excited about one a few pages back and I was totally lost.
it’s a 4 mana card, do they even MAKE cards that cost more?!?

I'm smellin' a modern inclusion here... This is really good
1636029463349.png
Cemetary Gatekeeper
1R
Creature - Vampire
First strike

When Cemetary Gatekeeper enters the battlefield, exile a card from a graveyard.

Whenever any player plays a land or casts a spell, if it has the same type as the exiled card, Cemetary Gatekeeper deals 2 damage to that player.
Illus. Tyler Jacobson
2/1​

cobbledlancer.jpg

I'm surprised that this isn't a centaur.

EDIT:

jacobharkininvestigator.jpg
harkinstheory.jpg

Jacob Hauken, Investigator - {1}{U}
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor {M}
{T}: Draw a card, then exile a card in your hand face down. You may look at the card for as long as it remains exiled. Then, you may pay {4}{U}{U}. If you do, transform Jacob Hauken, Investigator.
0/2

///

Hauken's Theory
Legendary Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top card of your library face down. You may look at the card as long as it remains exiled.
Once during each of your turns, you may play a land or cast a spell from the cards exiled by this permanent without paying the mana cost.

I'm intrigued...

Last edited:
I think that's the second or third card in this set where I've gone "oh, hey, a reprint with cool new art" and didn't double-check.

EDIT: Crawling Infestation is way weaker than Crawling Sensation — it can only trigger once on your turn, while Crawling Sensation can trigger once each turn.

I actually would have thought he would be mono black since Sorin was suppose to be a bit of a rebel for being white (because he cared about the long-term health of Humans and wouldn't let them all be eaten.)

1636042101023.png1636042107397.png1636042112016.png1636042116651.png

Will this be the card inclusion to my cube using the Vampire frame?

I actually would have thought he would be mono black since Sorin was suppose to be a bit of a rebel for being white (because he cared about the long-term health of Humans and wouldn't let them all be eaten.)

View attachment 5585View attachment 5586View attachment 5587View attachment 5588

Will this be the card inclusion to my cube using the Vampire frame?
Edgar originally created vampirism on Innistrad during a widespread famine to (besides granting immortality) provide an alternate food source for some people of the plane as well as put population pressure on humans. That seems fairly white in a very authoritarian sort of way.

1636047896732.png
This is one beefy flash kraken. I like this style of card in that it doesn't overtly protect itself (besides from counters obvs) but it does help you do that with the other cards in your deck.