Sets (MH2) Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Just realized it can't sacrifice itself which would've been nice....maybe not thematic, but nice

I think the feel bad argument can get a little over-emphasized here at times. If you play this card and intend to activate it, you should know what you signed up for. Maybe you're sacrificing a Bloodghast right before you play a land for the turn, or sacrifice a creature that is blocking in combat...or you are sacrificing an Ichor Wellspring, etc there's a lot of instances where the tokens can just be gravy.
Or a demonic pact...

The ability to sac a permanent is actually pretty rare. Not saying I'll play it, but it's good to be aware of.

flockhealer.jpg

Didn't Onder already design this in photoshop like two years ago? (Flying, Lifelink) White cube confirmed?
Close! It was still a gem of a post though: https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/modern-horizons.1988/post-82333

Man WOTC really has it out for Tron in this set :oops:
I think Tron is probably just collateral damage--Shops has 100% warped Vintage (yes, I'm completely serious) for many years now and I think this set finally FINALLY shakes that all up. But yeah, Tron players are kinda screwed too hehe.

Very well explained, Train!

So which reanimator spells are you guys running? Tagging @SirFunchalot here but anyone can answer :)

I have a lot of very strong opinions on Reanimator due to years of playing the deck in constructed and I find my opinions aren't often shared by many casual players who haven't put Griselbrand into play on turn 2 literally 10000 times so the excitement of that play pattern hasn't grown stale for them yet. I can get into detail about how I feel about the archetype and how I like to support it at various power levels but figured I'd give a forewarning.
View attachment 4263

This is really good, maybe too good in my environment....hmm

I love this card and I can't wait to play with it for years to come!
View attachment 4285
The red incarnation finally got revealed. Pretty on par with the rest with the etb ability. The only one that can trade up on cards, which is nice.
The whole cycle is very playable, which is quite the surprise.

I think this card looks sweet and I can't wait to test it. I like that it can be a 0 mana 2 for 2 on a fair amount of boardstates.
View attachment 4296

Sheesh....at its peak it enters as an 8/8 flyer for UU :oops:

I think this card is straight gasoline! I already run gurmag, tasigur, tombstalker, ethereal forager and hooting mandrills and I think I can squeeze in another one of these bad bois.

haha fuck you tron

1622617165328.png

This is great. I honestly love the subtle humor in the design itself in this set! Particularly like that anarchomancer counts any spell as long as it's Gruul. Seems like this would work both in a RGx spell velocity deck, and in a gruul ramp deck.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Did you change your avatar just for this comment? :)
Posts like these get confusing in the future when historians come and look at these threads and wonder...

What does the Hot Wheels have to do with slamming Rage Forgers?
swoopy.jpg

This is a spicy meatball of a removal spell. Tragic Slips big cousin.
1622645256938.png

Talk about a madness enabler! And delirium, as they obvs want you to be discarding cards with 2 card types. And I mean, also enables anything that requires cards get discarded of course. Like the above hellbent spell, for instance.
1622645303296.png