Sets Amonkhet (AKH) Spoilers

It's a weird interaction that doesn't come up a lot; might come up more in a cube that supports +1+1 counter themes. Personally I can't think of many in my cube, maybe some weird stuff with Skin Render + Kitchen Finks + 3 mana Nissa or something.

An interaction that has definitely come up in my cube is Skinrender killing Hangarback Walker and still making Thopters.

CML

Contributor
I ran Lightning Rift with the "or discard a card" text for a while as an "always wheels" incentive for red based control, but the support was iffy and it was usually just 15th pick trash. That said, its easier to support this effect in blue and the cumulative effect on this makes it a legit single card wincon. This is probably very good especially if you ULD cycling lands.

160502_MUSIC_Drake-6.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

the small discussion on the -1/-1 counters vs undying, almost made me think about quitting magic. For whatever reason this bothers me deeply to the core that the undying creature will die because the state based 0/negative 0 toughness check simultaneously rolls up all other things and declares the creature dead having a +1/+1 counter on it...

I am very irked by this even though it is a very small nuanced part... my group has probably played this wrong in the past and I don't mind that we did.

the small discussion on the -1/-1 counters vs undying, almost made me think about quitting magic. For whatever reason this bothers me deeply to the core that the undying creature will die because the state based 0/negative 0 toughness check simultaneously rolls up all other things and declares the creature dead having a +1/+1 counter on it...

I am very irked by this even though it is a very small nuanced part... my group has probably played this wrong in the past and I don't mind that we did.

Magic is a complex game.