Sets BNG Spoilers

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
6bwLdoYrkC_EN.jpg

Is this a card?

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
This is my buy list for the set, plus a couple cards for sharpie purposes. Note that many of these cards will not be in the cube, but I want them around because they could see play if my mood changes.

Acolyte’s Reward
Eidolon of Countless Battles
Hero of Iroas
Spirit of the Labyrinth
Meletis Astronomer
Bile Blight
Herald of Torment
Spiteful Returned
Archetype of Aggression
Satyr Firedancer
Thunderous Might
Aspect of Hydra
Courser of Kruphix
Hero of Leina Tower
Satyr Wayfinder
Scourge of Skola Vale
Ephara, God of the Polis
Kiora, the Crashing Wave
Kiora’s Follower
Mogis, God of Slaughter

Fanatic of Xenagos

CML

Contributor
Wasn't GW beats awesome in Alara block draft?

I don't know. I never had much success with it, but, then again, I never had much success with drafting that format

I was getting excited about the Zombie but then yeah you just want a Hypnotic Specter, which is actually a sweet card that should get run again IMO

Born of the Green:
Fanatic of Xenagos
Kiora, the Crashing wave
Courser of Kruphix
Nessian Wilds Ravager

Likely candidates for my stupid "this looks cool foil" binder: Akroan skyguard, Ephara's Radiance, Glimpse of the Sun God, Ornitharch, Sunbond, Odunus River Trawler, Epiphany Storm, Karametra's Favor, Peregrination, Setessan Starbreaker

CML

Contributor
Isn't it just good design? Oracle enables goofy stuff but this guy really keeps the game going, and not in a blatant way. This is what NWO is all about. Well that and Daring Skyjek /polacks /sobotkas

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody know a good way to proxy cards from the Card Image Gallery? Or can make me a printable file so I can test some of these in tomorrow's draft?

Dougggggg

Reigning Draft Champion
A judge friend of mine says no but it seems like it should. Sorta like tribal enchantments and such.

When a card looses a type (creature, land, artifact, enchantment,...), it also looses all subtypes associated with it. So it will also loose "Zombie" when the card is "used as bestow".
Note that when a card is a both Tribal and Creature that those two Types use the same subtype list and the above rule doesn't apply (so a "Tribal Creature - Cat" loosing "Creature" or "Tribal" will become a "Tribal - Cat" or "Creature - Cat")

L2 judge ;)

CML

Contributor
What do you do with something that's just a "tribal"? Why is tribal a card type if this makes no sense? This has been bugging me for three years

because supertypes can't grant creature types for some dumb rules reason except i feel like you totally could make a rule that says its an exception but apparently thats not how ppl like tabak want things to work

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Yeah that always bugged me too. It always seemed like they wanted to put "tribal" on tarmogoyf for excitement. If Planeswalker had been the only one it probably would have been more exciting.