Sets BNG Spoilers

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
archetype_of_courage-Judge_Rules_Tip_Blog-preview.jpg
phoar
Let's break it down. So, the opponent's creatures losing First Strike is super irrelevant. Giving your own creatures first strike is cool, but, there's another duder that gives this sort of effect:

I guess the question comes down to how clogged your boards are. I don't typically have a ton of guys in play on either side, so Silverblade can double strike most of your standing army. It also has a higher upside, not to mention double strike has actual synergies (pump), whereas first-strike has no real synergies, and, any that it does have are also possessed by double strike.

So, the WG god costs 3wg and fetches a plains or forest every time you cast a creature and puts it on the battlefield tapped.

Seems a bit slow?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
So, the WG god costs 3wg and fetches a plains or forest every time you cast a creature and puts it on the battlefield tapped.

Seems a bit slow?

Seems a bit pointless too. Give each of your creatures a restricted 50% version of the Primeval Titan trigger? Yay?

I actually thought it was 6, but yeah I like Vorapede much more :(

Hannes, how does Ephara's Enlightenment sound for you?

epharasenlightenment.jpg

pretty cool actully ! it looks like a nice card to support a few archetypes (enchantments, heroic, +1/+1 counters) and is one i'll try to include in my cube (flickerform loves this)

This guy interests me. http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=583341

3/3 flying carnophage demon with bestow 3bb
i like this card. Another !

Brimaz is something i love with a passion. I know this card for sure will make it into my death and taxes list (modern)

Archetype-of-Endurance.jpg
attachment.php

Raised by wolves loves flickerform as well !

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
It sort of annoys me that in my quest to find a new, interesting token maker my choices are a godawful manahog that will never actually trigger and an overpushed statmonster where the token making is basically an afterthought.

Running this guy as "Token Support" is in the same conversation as running Kalonian Hydra to support +1/+1 counter, Jitte to support lifegain or running mana vault to support wildfire.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
And I'm more annoyed that I'm probably going to play it anyway because Thraben Doomsayer can't do it alone and Icatian Crier sucks too much.

I mean, Cryer is probably totes legit without the discard clause now, right? If this guy can make a token while vigilantly attacking with good stats for no mana, cryer can cost a million to do that with crap stats without attacking, right?

Laz

Developer
I like that quote Changling Bob. Although, since it pretty much embodies everything that is wrong with Cube design, I have to assume that it is sarcasm.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I'm sure if I went to MTGS right now, I'd find the forum oracles earnestly deconstructing this card's stats and claiming authoritatively that it's the 5th best white 3-drop and therefore shouldn't be played at 450, or whatever it is they do over there.

I mean it's a pretty cynical view on the Magic design process. I think that Magic would be better served either supporting limited (and not having GRBS mythics and rares), or supporting constructed (a la the living card game design). The thing is the LCG model doesn't let people open packs to gamble for the mythic you need four of to go in the deck you want to build, it just lets you build decks, so it sells less product. If you only support limited, your kitchen table magic doesn't change much (cf: EDH is an abomniation being a seriously serious casual format), the quality of your limited goes up, as your value and/or archetype uncommons become the most powerful things around, and you end up selling more product as everything you do (except kitchen table magic) requires opening product (except, you know, cube). The problem is you lose out on the serious constructed players, or rather the singles traders, buying mass amounts of product to crack to get at the crunchy four-of mythics.

There's a discussion on that forum about the recent fakes, and the cost of singles and such. I did some really rough maths with a bunch of assumptions, and came to the conclusion that to support a single standard deck all season, you need to spend $200-$300 on singles per set release (depending on your deck of course, but I made some assumptions as to meta shifts that require you to completely swap deck). That's including keeping staples. Magic is expensive, yo.

E: I accidentally an unrelated rant

Chris Taylor

Contributor
If you like the spirit but not the execution of mr token kitty above, I added a second blade splicer and people love it

Also:
reapwhatissown.jpg

Holy heroic batman

felhidespiritbinder.jpg

Man is this guy cool. Probably not good since the untap mechanic seems super low expectations, but man is this guy awesome :D

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Apparently the buzz is that he's the best white 3 drop bar none, of which I'm not really suprised.

Also, his new name is King Leo'nidus.