General CBS

f1JCccT.png

what do i even do

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
We should get an irc thingumy (jargon jargon I have never used irc what a scrub) and draft together. I don't want to draft the modo cube, but if I do I want t draft with some of you folks.

anyone up for 'self loathing modo cube' videos?
I'm definitely up for more! But I have to say, the one thing I didn't like about the other one I watched was the "self-loathing". Don't hate the player, hate the game.

freenode or synirc are decent servers

edit: im recording my games, this is the first time i've ever done this and i find it very difficult to talk about what i'm thinking about

picking synirc i guess #riptidelab is the room name

so i have now catastrophically mentally switched the keep or mulligan buttons twice in my brief mtgo career

freenode or synirc are decent servers

edit: im recording my games, this is the first time i've ever done this and i find it very difficult to talk about what i'm thinking about
I skipped recording, mostly since I have a hard time thinking while playing.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Of all the abominable things about the MODO interface, perhaps the worst is that the buttons are Yes/No instead of Keep/Mulligan (or No/Yes, given that people's default expectation is that they are being asked if they want to keep)

i was playing on the new client which asked me:
do you want to play first?
yes no
would you like to mulligan to 6 card(s)?
mulligan keep
WHY IS KEEP WHERE NO WAS
ANSWER ME THAT
I DIDNT READ
I JUST CLICKED THE SAME PLACE BECAUSE THAT MAKES SENSE

dammit

Apple's UI guidelines say that any UI buttons should have the verb to perform on them (ie: keep/mulligan) so that you can't misinterpret what will happen if you yes/no or yes/cancel or whatever.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
The UI term you're describing is called conveyance. So when you have to complain to a programmer, use that word. We like that word.
The keep being in the same place is a little simpler (consistency). It's usually why you don't see the background for a website changing colors between pages.

See dad? My degree isn't useless!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Which is an interesting problem, because they handle the logo and the colors, not the actual process of how you use the system (See complaints above)

sorry my mic is shit, sorry if the music is too loud, sorry if i make the worst draft choices of the century
edit: just to clarify the rest is still uploading
edit:
why is this shit in 360p

edit edit:
i hope this 360p thing is just some processing thing on youtubes end because they arent like that before i upload

Which is an interesting problem, because they handle the logo and the colors, not the actual process of how you use the system (See complaints above)
My experience with graphic designers is that they shouldn't be allowed to design things. This may just be the one company we work with though.

here, here's the rest if anyone actually cares
misplay all day every day
match 1 game 3
match 2 game 1
match 2 game 2
nope
double nope
multinope its just a trick

edit: ps nested spoiler tags dont seem to work on this forum

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I'm glad I generally don't like textless cards, because whoever thought Cryptic Command, Searing Blaze, and Bituminous Blast would be good textless cards has a sick sense of humour.

On my third modo cube for the day, thinking that practice makes perfect and all that, but damn, I don't want to take some of the cards, like moat for example, boring to play with, boring to play against, blargharblarghablarg.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
On my third modo cube for the day, thinking that practice makes perfect and all that, but damn, I don't want to take some of the cards, like moat for example, boring to play with, boring to play against, blargharblarghablarg.

No love for Moatfliers?