General Cultic Cube video series

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
That was fun to watch John! Great to see how certain cards got evaluated very differently by different players :) You ended up with a sweet deck by the way, though I'm skeptical about the Goblin Assault ;) Feldon and Kiki-Jiki though, oof, so much etb value!

That was fun to watch John! Great to see how certain cards got evaluated very differently by different players :) You ended up with a sweet deck by the way, though I'm skeptical about the Goblin Assault ;) Feldon and Kiki-Jiki though, oof, so much etb value!

Thanks, cat! Yeah, I think it was a mistake to start Goblin Assault. It didn't work with the plan, and while it was a combo with SGC, it was also a non-bo if it demanded an attack from him. In the end, I did get to throw its extra gobbos with SGC, which was cool. But I'm with you -- running it wasn't good. Also I kept siding out that fourth Twin effect -- the enchantment for 4. I didn't need another version of the effect, and it was by far and away the worst of the lot. If it worked on tokens, then we might be talking, as it would have been pretty spicy to Twin or Kiki a thing and then to also pay R to make yet another copy off that enchantment.

Part two of two! Feel free to point and laugh at my misplays. I'm pretty pleased with how this project turned out. This video is a selection of the matches. Each deck is featured at least once. I have added opponents' hands to the screen, and within each match we alternate player perspective from one game to the next. I also did quite a bit of editing to remove the dead air from matches. I got more aggressive about such editing as I went along, but I hope that people can still follow the matches easily.

Do let me know if you are interested in this sort of content, and what suggestions you have for improving the presentation. As you all are well aware, draft/gameplay videos are a category of content that is rather new to me.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
We have a free preview for MTGMH2, friends! It will go live on May 31 at 10 am. I chat about the card in a cube context as well get artist Yeong-Hao Han's insight into the development of the art. The preview appear here:
So a GW card it seems if that is the art in the card. I wonder if it will help the constant issues of everyone trying to figure out what GW is doing in their cubes.

My Crimson Vow review bundles together discussion of cards for my higher power and lower power environments. The set doesn't have just a ton of tools for my higher power cube, but it has a number of cool options for the other.

My Chateau Cube conversation with MTG artist Joshua Raphael, which I promised in the above VOW preview video, is up now! It's available both as a traditional audio podcast and also as a video on YT. I recommend turning in to the conversation via the video so that you can glance over and see the art that is being discussed.

I'm an artist myself, so I really appreciate this! I'm giving it a watch as we speak!

My Crimson Vow review bundles together discussion of cards for my higher power and lower power environments. The set doesn't have just a ton of tools for my higher power cube, but it has a number of cool options for the other.

Do you really think Scattered Thoughts is better than FoF?

Do you really think Scattered Thoughts is better than FoF?
Always getting the two cards you want is generally going to be better than having to choose between two piles that were purposefully designed by the opponent to be sub-optimal.

There are so many cards these days that are better than FoF that there's not really a reason to play it unless you have an emotional attachment to it, unfortunately.

Always getting the two cards you want is generally going to be better than having to choose between two piles that were purposefully designed by the opponent to be sub-optimal.

There are so many cards these days that are better than FoF that there's not really a reason to play it unless you have an emotional attachment to it, unfortunately.
Hmm. The issue is that the opponent makes the piles suboptimal given the knowledge the opponent has... This often leads to 4 cards vs 1.

Sometimes both players have fun, but that's very player and gamestate specific. Some players HATE resolving a FoF for various reasons.

That variance in play experience means it's never coming back to my cube, especially now that there are better options anyways.