General [DOM]Dominaria

Laz

Developer
It's specifically worse on T1 :p

Also Fallen Empires over here:
historyofbenalia.jpg

This is something that makes tokens that I can also proliferate :D

Or your opponent can proliferate with Thrummingbird's trigger in order to kill your Saga and give your Knights +2/+1 until end of turn in their post-combat step...

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Not bad man. Tryna write for the movies and maybe getting banned from MTG. WBU
Cool! And typical :p Been leading a settled down life for the past few years myself. Married, mortgage, kids, work, you know. But I'm not complaining, we picked an affordable house, I love my kids to bits, and I enjoy my work. And on top of that I still have time for weekly D&D sessions and the occasional evening of cube or commander. Life's good!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
what is this

Loading Ready Run (LRR) are a comedy group based in BC, and they love magic enough that they started doing stuff about that as well. You might know them from the recurring series on the mothership: Friday Nights.

Every now and again they do a nickname podcast where (Deserving or not) every card in a set gets a nickname :p
As you can see, it goes back quite a bit.

While Man-Bat is pretty good, I think my favorite is Randy "Two-Shields" Jackson (Seriously, why all the shields? Not exactly like he can block)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Also fun fact for those not listening to maros drive to work podcast, sagas are the proto design of planes walkers.
The idea got introduced during time spiral, but they decided they needed a but more workshopping, so the pushed them back to lorewyn.

What would eventually be Garruk Wildspeaker was essentially:
I-- create a 3/3 beast
II-- Double all your tokens
III-- overrun

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Also fun fact for those not listening to maros drive to work podcast, sagas are the proto design of planes walkers.
The idea got introduced during time spiral, but they decided they needed a but more workshopping, so the pushed them back to lorewyn.

What would eventually be Garruk Wildspeaker was essentially:
I-- create a 3/3 beast
II-- Double all your tokens
III-- overrun
You know, I was wondering that!

HyyyyyyyyYyYyYyYyYYYYYpe!
Thanks Chris and thanks WotC.

Also: Why are they not legendary? (I know the question arrives late)

Legendary definition: The stuff of legends which are epic tales of ancient past. In MTG regiment legendary means unique; one of a kind. It seems like Sagas fullfills both definitions.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Because saga's are the epic tales about legendary stuff, they're not legendary stuff themselves. Any bard worth its salt can recount these tales! Anyway, that's my guess!

That frame tough... ewwwww.