General How do YOU plan to use the various Conspiracy cards?

I'm adventurous enough I'm probably going to throw them all in and remove as needed. There are some I expect to have to remove (the +1/+1 one or Kitchen Finks is likely to have to go, and if I have to make that decision Kitchen Finks stays) and some I expect to remove because nobody takes it (Worldknit) but I'm not afraid to TRY any of them.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Yeah, the more I think about it, Twincasting Doom Blade to wipe out your team on turn two sounds like the opposite of fun. Even turning a random Farseek into a cantrip might be way too good, because it's guaranteed to happen every time you cast it. Only the creature-based hidden agendas seem interesting for cube, in that granting haste or +1/+1 is less than a card's worth of value. But then Muzzio's Preparations is a one-card combo with Kitchen Finks - in that every Kitchen Finks you cast all night is almost straight up invincible - and even though that's a relatively innocent interaction in the grand scheme of things, it's still dumb enough that I'm not going to include it.
Eric: also infinite life with a sac outlet, or damage if you have redcap, or your opponent never casts spells again with glen-elendra archmage...

CML

Contributor
I disagree.

image.jpg

I've drafted with some of the cards a few times now. Aether Searcher was bad beats two of the three times it was drafted (nothing 'good' in the next pack) so it's likely coming out. Selvala users were very hesitant to ever use her, no one wanted their opponent to draw cards. Brago and Grenzo were great. Librarian was actually great as a drafting tool- Deal Broker was real cheaty since we were team drafting, but the opposing team at least got to see the swap. Likely coming out since team draft is the favored draft style in these parts.

I'm not gonna lie, I didn't read predator's howl. Looks pretty great.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I'm not gonna lie, I didn't read predator's howl. Looks pretty great.

Good call on Predator's Howl. I'll admit I didn't even read it in Onderzeeboot's post until you mentioned it by name. It was pretty good in Conspiracy multiplayer for my opponent, so I'm not sure why it never registered that this could be a cube card. Hey, beats the Fated Intervention I'm running right now!

For those who run Staff of Nin.. is this a possibility?

I think bottled cloister is the closer comparison for CMC, and I think that card is fine if you want the effect. It's like oblivion stone that you can only pop on your upkeep, doesn't cost mana, can't save any of your own stuff, but you draw extra cards every turn you don't pop it!

I think that cards looks very boring. It's never going to be able to do the disk thing, unless you are way ahead. I can see it being interesting in multiplayer games, but not in 1on1.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I think the fact that you can only pop Coercive Portal if the opponent gives you there permission is also relevant.

Its really Phyrexian Arena that costs and extra mana in exchange for no life loss.