Sets (MH2) Modern Horizons 2 Previews

1622055813365.png

I'm interested in this. I've been playing around with utilising counters for other effects, and this looks like it might be entertaining with cards in my cube:

The Underworld Cookbook seems pretty good for me too, with discard matters and cogs too. Exciting! This set is like, really good, isn't it?

What's strange about it? They made it an instant vs. a sorcery, and a totally different strategy/feel to the halves.

The original had a sorcery front and an instant aftermath.

This one has an instant front and a sorcery aftermath.

I am asking because I think it’s strange we get two cards so similiar. Have we ever before had a split card where one half of the card has exactly the same card text and cost as another split card?

General-Ferrous-Rokiric-MH2-265.jpg

I would be at least a little interested in this if it didn't have the hexproof. I don't like hexproof from attribute for the same reason I am not running any Swords. Admittedly, it's on a 3/1 for 3, so at least combat is an easy way to get rid of it...

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
General-Ferrous-Rokiric-MH2-265.jpg

I would be at least a little interested in this if it didn't have the hexproof. I don't like hexproof from attribute for the same reason I am not running any Swords. Admittedly, it's on a 3/1 for 3, so at least combat is an easy way to get rid of it...
This is never going to get into combat unless it's guaranteed not to die. It has lackeys to do combat for it.

Hexproof from monocolored is super annoying, especially since many cubes here eschew most multicolor removal in favor of cooler/etc cards for the limited number of slots they have. Basically hexproof from removal. And yeah, this is going to be an "enchantment" most of the time.

Sweet...thank you sir. Yes, I'm *for sure* still working the bugs out. I already took out some of the most unfun stuff. It wasn't hard to spot the offenders after only a few games.
If by ‘PM’ you mean ‘Public Message’, then fine :D

We want to seeeeeeeee it!
Morphling, do you have a thread? My whole cube is built, basically untested, but it's a tertiary project that I didn't find particularly insightful, so it has no thread.

I think it will be quite rare that anyone would want to sacrifice their Clue tokens to Lonis’ activated ability.

Yuk to that God.. It doesn’t feel like a God. Just a lord that is too well statted. Insane to have a blue 3/4 for 3 with no downsides and 3 upsides. Very poor design. But they statted it enough to sell packs. It’s easy if you just up the numbers.