Sets (MH2) Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Even one shot from Rip Vance, Vance Refrigeration is a pretty big deal.

Skyfisher antics in white, Probe and other cantrips in blue. Baseline body of 3/2. It's test-worthy for some environments.

My biggest concern is it's a little bit low powered with a pretty high powered payoff.
I agree with this. any fair environment with a traditional curve (IE, would play actual Mulldrifter) probably would have this card be a dud in 99% of games and then feel absolutely bonkers the one time it goes.

I don’t really understand most “unfair” environments, but i think cubes that are mainly combo/rube goldberg oriented will probably have some use for her.

on the other end of the spectrum, i am going to try her in my fairhigh (as opposed to fairmax) environment simply because decks have a stupid high spell velocity already thanks to the cantrip density and low curve. i just want to shoot the cannons! ONE TIME!

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
fury.jpg
The red incarnation finally got revealed. Pretty on par with the rest with the etb ability. The only one that can trade up on cards, which is nice.
The whole cycle is very playable, which is quite the surprise.

t8zo7g3n3n271.png

*Heart eyes emoji*

This is the gluiest card that ever glued.

how OK is the floor of breathless knight for your environment? i mean, are you curving stitchers supplier into mire triton into this into diabolic servitude?

t8zo7g3n3n271.png

*Heart eyes emoji*

Oh....interesting. I was actually looking through scryfall the other day for an Orzhov aggro card that was a payoff for the recursive creatures and tiny reanimator angle that's so unique to the guild. Here one is! I need to think about how good this actually is tho..

That's a lot of triggering. I guess it would've been too much to ask for to give it a built-in recursion component.

Buddies with:

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
There was a review on reddit for Thopter of Paradise that made me actually lose it laughing.

orni.png
I love the idea that you can just end any card review with the phrase 'Might see play in EDH'

I love it so much that I made it into a forum smilie.
:edh:

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
t8zo7g3n3n271.png

*Heart eyes emoji*

This seems like an interesting card. I can see it growing quite large in a deck built around it, although the floor compares unfavorably to Vampire Nighthawk, a card that is already showing its age in my cube. :edh:

i love that Hard Evidence gives you:
a creature token
a replacement card
a Magecraft trigger
1/4 of the way to Delirium
1/3 of the way to Metalcraft
1/5 of the way to Tasigur
a Snapcaster target
... and plenty other stuff i’m not thinking of, for ONE MANA

i love that Hard Evidence gives you:
a creature token
a replacement card
a Magecraft trigger
1/4 of the way to Delirium
1/3 of the way to Metalcraft
1/5 of the way to Tasigur
a Snapcaster target
... and plenty other stuff i’m not thinking of, for ONE MANA

Welder/Tinker target, draw trigger. It seems pretty good! Compares favorably with The Birth of Meletis

Despite all of that, I'm not sure it's exactly what my blue archetypes actually want. It seems like one of those cards that you're never unhappy to see, but it seems just a little off for my cube. Very cool card tho