Sets (MID) Innistrad: Midnight Hunt

diregrafrebirth.jpg

This is a really good card for Cubes with midrange or "fair" reanimation. It slots cleanly into a lot of different decks, has value when milled or discarded, and is still generically decent on its own. This card goes a long way to strengthening reanimator in fair environments, especially those trying to signal Golgari or Abzan reanimation. The only downside is the fact that it's a true gold card, making it a little bit more difficult to use than Unburial Rites and the like. I'm not sure this card makes it into my Cube, but that has more to do with Golgari being an extremely competitive space than this card's inherent playability. Good card!

diregrafrebirth.jpg

This is a really good card for Cubes with midrange or "fair" reanimation. It slots cleanly into a lot of different decks, has value when milled or discarded, and is still generically decent on its own. This card goes a long way to strengthening reanimator in fair environments, especially those trying to signal Golgari or Abzan reanimation. The only downside is the fact that it's a true gold card, making it a little bit more difficult to use than Unburial Rites and the like. I'm not sure this card makes it into my Cube, but that has more to do with Golgari being an extremely competitive space than this card's inherent playability. Good card!
this is kinda where i’m at. i think i could see cutting something like Maelstrom Pulse for this if one wants to be more proactive and more graveyard focused in BG. it’s a pretty good card that could be played in most environments.

i guess it is a sac outlet but the payoff is just scry 1 gain 1 plus a temporary stat boost, plus it costs mana to sac?
this just screams “draft signpost,” i can’t see it performing over anything people are currently running for WB outside of retail cubes.
the cow head is funny though

Repeatable +2/+2 at instant speed is pretty strong, and repeatable scry is pretty strong. That offers enough boost that you probably only need to sac one-two times per turn at most (one sac is a 2 mana 4/4 scry 1 gain 1). The sac-trigger ability also doesn't need that card to do the sacrificing, so I think its a pretty good card.

but where are you getting all these bodies to be sacrificing a creature a turn? and are the creatures you’re saccing worth less than scry 1 gain 1 +2/+2?

but where are you getting all these bodies to be sacrificing a creature a turn? and are the creatures you’re saccing worth less than scry 1 gain 1 +2/+2?
In my case from a WB(R) recursive weenies deck, where it's not as applicable because the creatures come back. Bloodghast is not going to be a permanent sac, same with Bloodsoaked Champion, adorned pouncer, or the token from usher of the fallen etc. etc.

Like if you include Goblin Bombardment, you don't typically ask "are creatures worth less than 1 damage to a target?". It's not usually the dynamic of how that type of card operates. The deck was built with the inclusion of Bombardment in mind, and the format was provided with the proper supporting tools to help with that deckbuilding, and there will be a situation where the answer is 'yes' due to that.

Just like any aristocrat, these cards don't typically get shoved into a format without support.

Last edited:
1630861978996.png
Nice! Spider Spawning's little sibling. As expected, this set is playing havoc with my cube selections, bringing so many interesting new options to the table. There's obviously a tension between including this and Diregraf Rebirth, but they do quite different things so it's possible "both" is a good answer. I really like this in a turbo-self-mill situation where you are powering up stuff like Sidisi, Brood Tyrant, where the Rebirth plays strongly in a value-mill Rock style deck.

"rounded up" is a really nice touch. That makes this active on just one creature in the yard (and that's a 2/2 for GB, which isn't terrible), and you can get quite a bit of value off just 3 or 5 creatures in the yard. I would expect the peak output of this card is about 4-5 zombies per half in the later game if the deck is having good luck with it's self-mill strategy. Average output is probably 4-5 zombies total, which is 8-10 power for 7 mana. Not shabby. They do have decayed, but I think that's fine for the rate you can get zombies at.

View attachment 5094
Nice! Spider Spawning's little sibling. As expected, this set is playing havoc with my cube selections, bringing so many interesting new options to the table. There's obviously a tension between including this and Diregraf Rebirth, but they do quite different things so it's possible "both" is a good answer. I really like this in a turbo-self-mill situation where you are powering up stuff like Sidisi, Brood Tyrant, where the Rebirth plays strongly in a value-mill Rock style deck.

"rounded up" is a really nice touch. That makes this active on just one creature in the yard (and that's a 2/2 for GB, which isn't terrible), and you can get quite a bit of value off just 3 or 5 creatures in the yard. I would expect the peak output of this card is about 4-5 zombies per half in the later game if the deck is having good luck with it's self-mill strategy. Average output is probably 4-5 zombies total, which is 8-10 power for 7 mana. Not shabby. They do have decayed, but I think that's fine for the rate you can get zombies at.
I'll definitely be giving this one a go if the normal art version has reminder text for decayed or I end up with a density of decayed that my drafters are familiar.

NOT A REAL CARD yet
Ball Frightening {B/R}{B/R}{B/R}
Sorcery
Create 3 decayed guys. They gain haste until EOT.

I always think about black-based cards they could do lol.

i think we need to be careful when evaluating decayed tokens. “can’t block, sac after attacking” is a BIG drawback as the creature can only trade if the opponent chooses to let it trade, and it is only worth face damage equal to its power as it dies after one swing.

that said getting 3+ zombies off first cast is still gonna be deece-ish

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I'll definitely be giving this one a go if the normal art version has reminder text for decayed or
It does!

Dawnhart-Wardens-MID-672.jpg

3 mana 3/3 battle cry? Not too shabby. Also if you need 3 different powers, getting 3 on this creature probably makes 1 and 2 for a tokens deck an easy sell

You're welcome!
sure, this is a good synergy if you have both in play at once for multiple turns.
but what this is competing for a slot with is

Vindicate
Lurrus of the Dream-Den
Vanishing Verse
Lingering Souls
Priest of Fell Rites
Tidehollow Sculler
Unburial Rites
Gerrard's Verdict

AND the new tiny Rites. this guild is STACKED and yes, many cubes have design goals that will cause Stockpile and Cow Head to be more correct for the environment, but on power level, the card don’t get there.

Eek. Might be a bit too Baneslayer for me. Lifelink and card advantage all in one is pretty juicy. That said, W is making a run to get back into a life gain deck...

I'd play both this and Gisa without the triggers lol.
sure, this is a good synergy if you have both in play at once for multiple turns.
They both have good synergy with the existence of that kind of deck.
Boring Removal
Super OP
Boring Removal
Lingering Souls
Priest of Fell Rites
Tidehollow Sculler
Unburial Rites
Boring Removal
;)
AND the new tiny Rites. this guild is STACKED and yes, many cubes have design goals that will cause Stockpile and Cow Head to be more correct for the environment,
I suspect this will be very common here.
but on power level, the card don’t get there.
True of 99%+ of cards.

Lurrus isn't OP in every format. I've found as power level goes down, so does it's relative usefulness/power, because the cube's curve often goes up, moving cards out of Lurrus' reach.

Last edited:
@Velrun is this the 5th angel?
Avacyn, Bruna, Gisela, Sigarada?
There is the archangel Avacyn whom the religion is based upon.

Then there are the important characters that follow the religion. Among the most powerful ones are the sister angels. They all share the white color of Avacyn but they also all have a unique other color. The cycle is not a normal 5-card cycle but instead a 4-card Guild-colored cycle where all are white + another color.

She was the only witness to the battle between Avacyn and Griselbrand before the entrapment (Besides Mikeaus)

The other two are from Avacyn Restored after Liliana destroyed the Helvault using Thalia’s emotions.

And we have seen the final one before

She should be dead. But maybe I’ve misunderstood something.

Last edited: