Sets (MID) Innistrad: Midnight Hunt

Reap the Seagraf 2.0 {1}{B}
Sorcery
At the beginning of your next upkeep, create a tapped 2/2 Zombie creature token.
Flashback {2}{U}

You made the "token" cheaper, or rather, you made the cost of the token cheaper, which is what I think MaRo meant.
The thing about this kind of effect is that it could make any card cheaper. That's why only making tokens cheaper is so interesting, at least to me. It's really difficult to speculate at this point because the game is too deep to narrow down "ways to make things cheaper," but I'm looking forward to a lot of this set. It's as close to a black set as they're gonna get for me.

Creating them at the beginning of your next upkeep could be it, but it would also add some logistical weight, as players have to remember it. I don't think tey would want to do this in large number, but on the right cards, when you want them cheaper, that sounds like a decent idea.

You can also definitely make 1/1 tokens cheaper than their normal rate of ~1 mana. 3 1/1's for 2 mana with whatever the downside is for instance.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
The thing about this kind of effect is that it could make any card cheaper. That's why only making tokens cheaper is so interesting, at least to me. It's really difficult to speculate at this point because the game is too deep to narrow down "ways to make things cheaper," but I'm looking forward to a lot of this set. It's as close to a black set as they're gonna get for me.
Yeah, I'm really curious what the mechanic ends up being as well. I can't imagine it being something that would only work on tokens though, precisely because the game is too deep and you can reuse almost any mechanic in another way.

Also, a white card that could potentially draw you a card each turn:

Tome of Pity {W}
Artifact
At the beginning of each upkeep, target opponent may pay {1}. If they do, you draw a card.

Also also, a character from Innistrad once mentioned in a short story finally gets a card in an Innistrad set:

I'm rooting for Tacenda Verlasen from that Davriel story by Brandon Sanderson!

I can't imagine it being something that would only work on tokens though, precisely because the game is too deep and you can reuse almost any mechanic in another way.

"If you own the right official token cards, create three 1/1 soldier tokens". This also incentivizes people to buy packs to find the right tokens for their deck, and we all know that Wizards loves money! F for ophiomancer though

Shame it's a green 4. Looks fun but doesn't synergize with particularly much. Untap Nykthos and creature-based tricks. Dig it, but green 4 is my toughest slot.

EDIT: Could support some sort of untappers deck to get hexproof flinging around with payoffs like Nykthos, Circle of Dreams Druid, or Kiki.

Vigilance creatures are always hexproof unless they somehow gain deathtouch.

Last edited:
honestly just coming down and granting team hexproof is kinda… yikes. you can really close the door if you’ve got an engine creature worth spending 4 mana to protect, like General Ferrous or Tireless Tracker.
it’s no Mother of Runes but it’s not totally embarrassing

arlinnthepackshope1.jpg
arlinnthemoonsfury.jpg

I love it. Does everything I want RG to do.

Shame it's a green 4. Looks fun but doesn't synergize with particularly much. Untap Nykthos and creature-based tricks. Dig it, but green 4 is my toughest slot.

EDIT: Could support some sort of untappers deck to get hexproof flinging around with payoffs like Nykthos, Circle of Dreams Druid, or Kiki.

Vigilance creatures are always hexproof unless they somehow gain deathtouch.

Tim is perfect with it, though... These are not on the same power level :)

So, they changed slightly the werewolf mechanic just to have a token... it will be difficult to remember which werewolves have the old mechanic and which have the new one, in a Cube that has both... I would have preferred if they kept the same :(

So, they changed slightly the werewolf mechanic just to have a token... it will be difficult to remember which werewolves have the old mechanic and which have the new one, in a Cube that has both... I would have preferred if they kept the same :(
I thought it was kind of stupid to change it. It's a little cleaner, but it doesn't seem like it's worth changing it now.