Sets (MID) Innistrad: Midnight Hunt

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I thought it was kind of stupid to change it. It's a little cleaner, but it doesn't seem like it's worth changing it now.
The big difference between the old way and the new way is that werewolves enter on the nightbound side now, when it's night.

Oh! Right, that too! I think I agree this is more intuitive, and likely plays a lot better, but it's confusing because of the precedent.
The whole thing looks good if this was the first time around. The differences from the precedent is the problem. It'll work itself out, but I'd have probably left it alone.

I also didn't catch the subtle difference in the new v. old werewolf mechanic. That will be annoying. Here's one of the hint cards (which doesn't use that transform mechanic):
1630580816404.png1630580823570.png
Obviously strong. I like double strike in general, not sure how I feel about the death-reset.

Also, weird as hell halo, and why it always staring straight at you... creepy

yeah. I find that very irritating that it's in one set that way (instead of just using the day-night transforms), but I'll get over it I suppose. I've already seen a multitude of people in the spoiler comments getting confused about if other transform cards interact with the day-nightbound mechanic.

I reckon in this case it's as simple as bringing your life total to zero. I think we've seen cards that transform others before, but I could be misremembering, so it's possible that we get a card that forces transformation.

Secrets-of-the-Key-MID-265.jpg

You're welcome everyone who wanted a one-mana cantrip from this set that wasn't Consider, because goddamn, we got two

Yes. It's a good chance to get some cards that you would prefer to cast from your graveyard, either because they're far more useful and beefy (like this beggar) or because they might actualy just be cheaper/more efficient. Of course that's me speculating on Roar of the Wurm style cards that reward you for discarding/milling them, but you know, I can't help myself.

We already have one that is equivalent cost front and back, so the potential for one with a cheaper backside is definitely there.
1630603841337.png1630603846607.png