Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Oh hey guys I thought the same thing but uh
CX2B6SeWQAARrDL.png

"Overwhelming Denial 2UU
Instant (R)
Surge UU
Overwhelming Denial can't be countered by spells or abilities.
Counter target spell."

e: it's much stronger than Last Word (which was never really that exciting) because the matchups where you actually care that it's uncounterable, you're protecting a spell with it so Surge is a gimme, and 2UU is tolerable as a WCS if you're playing draw-go. Last Word's problem is that that's also its ACS, and BCS...

This seems like the type of card that would possibly see some play in constructed with counterspell wars, but being uncounterable is so much less relevant in Cube. Especially if you are a deck that can pay {U}{U}, the density of counterspells you will face is super low.

Yeah counterflux is a beast. For standard there's going to be the dream team combo of:
murderous cut delved -> this
dig thru time delved -> this (even dig, rip it off the top 7, make opponent sad)

and a 2/2 and a 4/3. and 0/1's and 1/1's. But a very valid point.

Edit: also doesn't include itself :(. But still a non-embarrassing option, I think. Makes a better curve-topper while pawn is sorta just an awkward Xathrid Necromancer.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
and a 2/2 and a 4/3. and 0/1's and 1/1's. But a very valid point.

Edit: also doesn't include itself :(. But still a non-embarrassing option, I think. Makes a better curve-topper while pawn is sorta just an awkward Xathrid Necromancer.

That much is true. Black has a lot of good fours though, I don't even have room for all of these:

If you absolutely need to make Goblin Bombardment better in your cube, this is probably the four drop of choice though.

A flash cube would be fabulous but you'd need to break singleton. A lot. This sounds like another project i'd love to do if i had randy buehler or whoever is running the mtgo cube's job. Off the cuff, in colors that dont get flash you could emphasize activated abilities to give the B and R sections more on-the-stack interaction. Also, combos should be a thing so that you are pressured to have instant answers in your deck. Could this be done in a color-balanced list? Maybe?

A flash cube would be fabulous but you'd need to break singleton. A lot. This sounds like another project i'd love to do if i had randy buehler or whoever is running the mtgo cube's job. Off the cuff, in colors that dont get flash you could emphasize activated abilities to give the B and R sections more on-the-stack interaction. Also, combos should be a thing so that you are pressured to have instant answers in your deck. Could this be done in a color-balanced list? Maybe?

I think the project is made all the more interesting if it was colour-imbalanced imo; you could have white and black be something along the lines of "splashable hate" if they're short on playables (though white may compete with duplicating instant-speed token making cards as well)

The deal is they've been making him look less-than-fabulous on card art lately. He's a hunky babe that deserves better.

EDIT: raveborn, I'd imagine Red having more troubles than White in a flash meta, with Black getting the shaftiest shaft. I think the Red and Black sections could compensate with more stuff like Pack Rat, but color imbalance may be the way to go. That cube architecture device irks me personally though. Maybe it's a worthwhile sacrifice.

I appreciate that this Oath curves so well into Gideon, ally of zendikar, allowing the immediate -4 for an emblem, and Gideon lives (and pumps the kor made the turn before). Cute. But agree that in cube without rally synergy, consistent PW synergy etc, this is a no-go.

We need to make this flash cube a Riptide Team project, I can feel all of us getting antsy to see it happen!

Also...

eldrazidisplacer.jpg

Holy playables! This looks fantastic. I was a strong fan of Deadeye Navigator for cube but had longed for a cheaper body and a slightly more expensive activation cost. This is so much friendlier and in the primary colour I want associated with blink. A 3/3 for 3 is even a very nice deal without feeling too pushed (2/4 would have been very annoying imo). A+ card, will cube!

The deal is they've been making him look less-than-fabulous on card art lately.

Hugh Jackman refrained from reprising his role as Gideon Jura after he was offered to co-star with Joaquin Pheonix (young Kytheon) in MTG Origins.

fc688983adc39250a9fc6661405dcba3.jpg

I heard that the actor that played Khal Drogo was supposed to play BFZ Gideon, but he was lost at sea while filming aquaman and WotC had to simply digitally model the most handsome PW in the multiverse.

This oath card is uninspiring. I guess Brago will have one more broing thing to do int he MTGO cubes, now.

Holy playables! This looks fantastic. I was a strong fan of Deadeye Navigator for cube but had longed for a cheaper body and a slightly more expensive activation cost. This is so much friendlier and in the primary colour I want associated with blink. A 3/3 for 3 is even a very nice deal without feeling too pushed (2/4 would have been very annoying imo). A+ card, will cube!

I do very much like this. I'm perfectly happy running a small "wastes" section in my land box to enable cool stuff like this. Also, side thing to remember: stuff like evolving wilds etc can search for Wastes!

Right now I'm looking at:
-some painlands
-tendo Ice Bridge / mirrodin's core
-evolving wilds/expanse
to help enable the colorless commitment. Also most of my mana rocks tap for <> (except sphere of suns)

I do very much like this. I'm perfectly happy running a small "wastes" section in my land box to enable cool stuff like this.

I hope WotC adds wastes to the basics in their cube, but something tells me that MTGO couldn't handle it without a big development push. I like the addition of the 6th color in some cubes and adding Wastes to the basic box will be how I implement the new cards (should I do so).

eldrazidisplacer.jpg

I'm really really skeptical on colorless costs.