Sets [OGW] Oath of the Gatewatch Spoiler Thread

Hey, having colorless activated costs is a build around that encourages you to take utility lands! Riptide synergy!
And wow how did i forget about haste as a possibility in the flash cube? I fricking call flash "blue haste" when i play edh.

Eh... It's a colorless cost, but on a colored card. No breaking the color pie... yet...

I'm not concerned about breaking the color pie. It's paying the costs and making it worthwhile to have colorless mana sources that makes me hesitant.

Without a ULD I have ~10 ways to make <C> in my cube. I expect colorless to work in standard (because they've made a point of it) and with eldrazi scions floating around there's a critical mass of <C> sources for draft, too. But there's going to have to be a great number of attractive <C> cards before I would want to add <C> support to a cube. And without some more dedicated support I'm not sure how reliable those costs are.

Filter lands as fixing are a convenient step towards a bit more support. Pain lands a bit less so. But my current fixing lands are Temples, Shocks, Duals, Fetches. None of which work for colorless. ULD may really open up the doors for those of you running one?
-------------------------

CX4lVaUWkAANssz.png

World Breaker does indeed look like a playable. Gx Control might have found a finisher who adds another control element.
The other spoiled green creature that caught my attention:

Embodiment of Insight(?)
Creature-Elemental 4G 4/4 Uncommon
vigilance
Land creatures you control have vigilance.
Landfall— Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target land you control becomes a 3/3 Elemental creature with haste until end of turn It's still a land.

http://i.imgur.com/SRuydxD.jpg

I find it to be quite interesting, yet not powerful enough. Combat tricks, 3/3 creatures producing mana while applying pressure and a nice 4/4-body with vigilance.
It's a shame I found my cc5 green section to be quite overloaded.

And most importantly: the number crunch doesn't allow any more 'tango/slow/BFZ lands' to appear. They used it for worse khanslifegaintaplandswithoutlifegainbullshitthathavesomeREALLYNEATARTWORKSonthem.

Hey, why not use the Moorland Haunt cycle to get {c} mana? That was my plan, anyway - I can't imagine anyone grabbing Wastes during my already-hotly-contested manabase building but another reason to incentivize Ghost Quarter or whatever seems fine. The Blasted Landscape idea is good too.

My guess is that with the tango lands in BFZ and the uncommon tapland cycle in OGW both promoting ally colors that we're likely going to see blocks generally alternate between promoting ally and enemy fixing. This makes Standard favor one set over the other a bit for each 6-month period between rotations. Shadows over Innistrad promoting enemy pairs also makes sense if they reprint the enemy buddylands there.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I'm not concerned about breaking the color pie. It's paying the costs and making it worthwhile to have colorless mana sources that makes me hesitant.

Without a ULD I have ~10 ways to make <C> in my cube. I expect colorless to work in standard (because they've made a point of it) and with eldrazi scions floating around there's a critical mass of <C> sources for draft, too. But there's going to have to be a great number of attractive <C> cards before I would want to add <C> support to a cube. And without some more dedicated support I'm not sure how reliable those costs are.

Filter lands as fixing are a convenient step towards a bit more support. Pain lands a bit less so. But my current fixing lands are Temples, Shocks, Duals, Fetches. None of which work for colorless. ULD may really open up the doors for those of you running one?

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. That's a relevant concern. I'm not quite sure there are going to be enough worthwhile true colorless matters cards either, but so far there have at least been a few interesting cards.

World Breaker and Blinkbot are two, as are these (potentially depending on colorless support and the composition of your basic land station):

en_yimcAB2Iop.png
en_JnYaIICTSW.png
en_1Y21hj0luM.png
en_kSeLSWqsGl.png
en_m92domhwxO.png
en_BRQc198A5U.png
en_f0gBHLja8y.png

A lot just depends on the composition of your cube. I counted off the top of my head 35 38 that can grab/make <> mana. That's almost 8% of the cube!
-Wastes are fetchable (sakura-tribe elder, wayfarer's bauble, edge of autumn, evolving wilds, Sad Robot etc)
-so far most of the super cool stuffs have been splash effects at best. Only need a few sources in the deck to make it viable
-you could easily errata stuff. One idea: mirage fetchlands can search for wastes now too
-all those cool dual lands we've been talking about (filters blah blah)

Needless to say, I'm definitely excited in running a few of these at very little opportunity cost.
CX4lVaUWkAANssz.png
en_BRQc198A5U.png
eldrazidisplacer.jpg

I'm sure it's going to be playable in limited as is, but it would have been a cool callback if the surge mode of Boulder Salvo was actually Flame Slash instead of costing 1R.

Just be happy they didn't add an activation cost to it like they have been with the red "shock for triggering the set's theme mechanic" enchantment in several recent sets!

It's Grinning Ignus' time to shine!

I love Stormchaser Mage! I was so annoyed that we did not have a UR card with Prowess, considering that Prowess has become the UR ability by definition. This is solid and very playable! In! :)

The other ones are very solid, too! I guess their cubability depends on your list, though. I, for one, am happy to see yet another solid UG flash creature. It plays into the identity I am trying to give to that colour pair. I still prefer Bounding Krasis for that slot, though.

P.S.: anybody else thinks that, in a couple sets, we might have enough "whenever you gain life" triggers to revisit the theme? Nowadays WotC seems to be pushing it very explicitly, and I bet that Innistrad 2.0 will include plenty of vampires that use the same design space.

P.P.S.: how annoying is it that the Gatherer treats all Devoid cards as colourless? Like, if you look for U+R cards it won't show you Herald of Kozilek, for example. That's the silliest idea ever! As if Devoid meant anything outside of Standard (and even there, AFAIK, it's been quite irrelevant so far).

Unfortunately my UR slots are very cramped. I have Keranos in there right now, to try and get a UR control anchor. Should I just jump ship to UR being spells?
VS
stormchaser-mage_en_hrr-png.574
?

I also am loving the RW one. I like "Equipments matter" and other voltron strategies in RW, and this doesn't punish you for also going a little wide!

Stormchaser Mage <3
I'm now thinking of making UG Flash a thing in my cube. I completely forgot about Bounding Krasis. Right now UG could only be played es either Ramp-Draw-Finisher-Deck or as a Landfall-Ramp-Deck.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Unfortunately my UR slots are very cramped. I have Keranos in there right now, to try and get a UR control anchor. Should I just jump ship to UR being spells?

Yesss! :)

Stormchaser Mage <3
I'm now thinking of making UG Flash a thing in my cube. I completely forgot about Bounding Krasis. Right now UG could only be played es either Ramp-Draw-Finisher-Deck or as a Landfall-Ramp-Deck.

Sweet lord, there's a lot of playables there...

There must not be enough dromoka's commands running around in the decks you see :p. That card bicycle kicks Keranos in the face and stops a bolt! Anyway, out it goes!

Putting the UG archetype you guys are talking about into white too is a good deal, cause then you get blink/GW/flash all working together. and cards like: