Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Good? Does the card disadvantage pose too much of an issue vis-a-vis merfolk looter? I'd love to run this guy but if he's awful I won't. My cube has a few ways to use the graveyard as play space.

VVV I think Attunement does more for me, thanks!

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I think its bad. If I want to dig fast with card disadvantage, it needs to be guaranteed. You are basically losing two cards just to use him once as the body is worth very little (and is even a liability due to removal). The dude can't even trade with a lion if needed!

If you want a similar effect, I'd look at Attunement and Frantic Search

Chris Taylor

Contributor

So I totally forgot about this card.

How oppressive is it? How key is it to pod?
Is there anything like it you like?
Those of you without pods: Do you run it? How is it?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

Do I need to go to the ER? I really want to play this card.

I think Basic landcycling for 1B would go great here, too.

I liked this card a lot more when my mind read it as "Delve" not "Convoke". I haven't been too impressed with Convoke cards in cube. I tried to make them work in Eldrazi Domain, but even in a token-heavy environment they left something to be desired.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

So, is this a good tutor? I'm mostly thinking of playing it in my BUG cube which has a graveyard theme going.

Uh, sure. :) Your cube sounds like a perfect place for it. I love Quiet Speculation. Not sure what your assortment of flashback spells is though.

So, is this a good tutor? I'm mostly thinking of playing it in my BUG cube which has a graveyard theme going.

That's funny, I was literally just thinking the same question last night. It's one of those cards that makes me want to alter my cube until it becomes good enough.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I like Intuition. Sometimes it can tutor your flashback cards. Sometimes it sets up Skaab Ruinator, Living Death or Replenish. Sometimes it stocks you up for threshold/delve. Sometimes it gets you land #4 when that's what you really need. Sometimes you just need to burn face and you take 3 bolts. Fun card, lots of tie ins, fine power level.

intuition for loam, stage, depths will always be one of Legacy's sicker plays

Is this another one of those dark confidant scenarios where its strength is proportional to your cube's? I'm super stoked to find out, regardless!