Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Aha, but I have a lot of gold slots at my disposal! I suspect you're right that it's not in the top six or so Selesnya cards, which makes it not the best choice for normal cubes. However, I was wondering since Cheon (I think) called it one of the top three rares in Fates Reforged. Apparently it has a lot of impact.

Fair enough. And it has two things working for it that appeal to me. First, it's a dragon (which makes it cool simply because). Second, it supports +1 counters and anthem themes, both of which exist in that color combination. If I had more gold slots, I might experiment with it. But at 360 there's just no way.

Yeah, I actually considered her at one point and then someone pointed out how incredibly non-interactive that thing was and I was left wondering WTF I was thinking.

I have a blind spot for angels and dragons. Not going to deny it.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I don't think Sigarda is ever getting anywhere near my cube, precisely because it is so non-interactive. I would cube a hundred Dromoka's over her.

Reactions: CML

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Also {G}{W}{W} is non-trivial to cast, even for a five-drop. I really wanted this to succeed in my cube to give GW more angles of attack, but its restrictive casting cost was its demise:

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
A three mana sorcery speed shock + chump block is bad, but not bad enough that I'd write it off. There plenty you can do with it, I've have played him and wouldn't be opposed to doing so again. Bone Shredder gets things done and is admittedly overall a better card, but this guy turns into a wincon with oversold cemetery type cards, can kill black dudes, and can trade in combat with 2 toughness dudes. I could see playing him.

VibeBox

Contributor
i've wished so bad for so long that ghitu slinger didn't have echo. there's no reason for that version not to exist.
if you can have raise dead, unsummon, disenchant and others attached to agrey ogre, what makes a shock so out of the question?
ugh

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine if Ghitu Slinger triggered on exit. Then, well, it'd be staggershock a lot I guess.

I ran Slinger briefly when I introduced Pod, but even then it was a little underwhelming.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I wish I knew what it did. :( I mean, I understand what the card does... I just don't know what it's good with/in/against.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I played it for a minute. It functioned as falter + fog with a burn a to the face back up mode. Its an ok card, but it didn't really do something I was interested in a gold card doing.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I ran that for a while back when it was released... it was okay, but not great. She wants a lot of creatures, but decks with lots of creatures don't always want six drops, and... yeah.

Also, {R}{R}{W}{W} made her really tough to cast.