Sets (VOW) Crimson Vow

good point about the spirits being a more common token! the low toughness on the body worries me but “noncreature” is really nice to help it play better with more archetypes

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
View attachment 5544

This looks great! A Flying Men with minor upside to help out my ninjas and blue tempo circa Ixalan is, quite literally, what I've been looking for. And if my spidey-senses are correct, it's yet another signal that we're going to see yet more Ninjas in Kamigawa 2.
Ooooh, this is a cool card for ninja's! Evasive one drop + gives evasion to one of your ninja's later. Damn...

I personally like it. The filigree circle drawing your eye around the close up shot of what is depicted in the background is very cool.

What does seem noteworthy to me is that this is printed at common. Dealing with artifacts going to be important soon? Does draft mix up packs between sets now? I don't see any artifacts that call for this being needed at common in limited within the set so far.

Also, including an aura sub-theme, and then including premium red removal at common? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

inspiredidea.jpg

wat

What does seem noteworthy to me is that this is printed at common. Dealing with artifacts going to be important soon?
In limited, probably not, but knowing that it can snipe a Clue or Blood token can be fine, I guess. Given that the artifact killing is going to be live a minuscule fraction of the time, it's probably best to just think about it as a replacement for Dragon's Fire.

In constructed, we have a cyberpunk set and a set from the freaking Brothers' War, so yeah, artifact destruction is almost certainly going to be super important in standard. To me this feels like a preemptive safety valve move, which is smart given that they DON'T have to worry about this killing too many artifacts by putting it here.

Edit: I like the art.

In limited, probably not, but knowing that it can snipe a Clue or Blood token can be fine, I guess. Given that the artifact killing is going to be live a minuscule fraction of the time, it's probably best to just think about it as a replacement for Dragon's Fire.

In constructed, we have a cyberpunk set and a set from the freaking Brothers' War, so yeah, artifact destruction is almost certainly going to be super important in standard, so this feels like a preemptive move, which is smart, especially given that they DON'T have to worry about this killing too many artifacts.
i think this is probably a solid take on the reasoning yeah

3feal16fxzw71.png

Mischievous Geist

{1}{U}

Creature - Cat Spirit

Uncommon

Whenever Mischievous Geist deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.

Disturb {2}{U}.

1/1

Catlike Curiosity

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creature

Whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.

If Catlike Curiosity would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.

Source:

I was previously running Wharf Infiltrator on and off in addition to Looter il-Kor until Suspicious Stowaway came out, since I'm a big fan of this effect in general, but I'm torn here -- I use these to support GY decks, but now we've got one that's basically a flipped Suspicious Stowaway to start with! Am I crazy to think about replacing the Looter with this, even if it cuts down on the reanimator support? Even ignoring the backside, this seems generally better, and I love having a Curiosity available for free in the graveyard too.

----

Inspired-Idea-MTG-Crimson-Vow-Regular.jpg

I wish this was a red card with a Blue "cleave", this seems like it really should be a red effect and I would really enjoy it from a gameplay perspective too.

I was previously running Wharf Infiltrator on and off in addition to Looter il-Kor until Suspicious Stowaway came out, since I'm a big fan of this effect in general, but I'm torn here -- I use these to support GY decks, but now we've got one that's basically a flipped Suspicious Stowaway to start with! Am I crazy to think about replacing the Looter with this, even if it cuts down on the reanimator support? Even ignoring the backside, this seems generally better, and I love having a Curiosity available for free in the graveyard too.

It seems significantly worse as it doesn't have evasion

Reactions: dbs
looting is in of itself a pretty big upside, sometimes better to have than straight drawing. And no evasion as inscho mentions. As cute as the kitty is, I think there are better options.

View attachment 5548

----

View attachment 5549

I wish this was a red card with a Blue "cleave", this seems like it really should be a red effect and I would really enjoy it from a gameplay perspective too.
This is really cool take on a compulsive research. I think the maximum hand size reduction doesn't affect that many tempo decks much at all, but probably does make life tricky for control decks.

1635786221229.png
Talk about beefcake potential for the human tribal folks :oops:

7pc0k9yoqyw71.png

1, T, Exile a creature card from your graveyard: create a copy of the exiled card, but it’s a 0/0 artifact construct creature token in addition to its other types, with “This creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control”. That creature gains haste until end of turn. Activate only whenever you could cast a sorcery.

I love the intersection between artifacts and the graveyard here. Definitely a little slow but I think I love it.

View attachment 5551

1, T, Exile a creature card from your graveyard: create a copy of the exiled card, but it’s a 0/0 artifact construct creature token in addition to its other types, with “This creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control”. That creature gains haste until end of turn. Activate only whenever you could cast a sorcery.

I love the intersection between artifacts and the graveyard here. Definitely a little slow but I think I love it.
pretty strong! Even on an otherwise empty board the first token is a 2/2, and you can of course get back spicy ETB effects etc. I think I like this better than god-pharaoh's gift because it requires mana to utilize and doesn't immediately start popping out 4/4's without other synergies going on.

Last edited:
ls7f9ucyw0x71.png

Big pup for one G.

I took Experiment One out of cube a few years ago and it wasn't missed. Pelt Collector is fine but isn't the most popular card around; Gx midrange, GR aggro, and to a lesser extent, GU tempo all will play it, but no one is stoked. Packleader here is probably better, and templated in a way I prefer. It trades the trample upside lategame for an extra power up front and the ability to come in with a +1/+1 counter bonus if you're in the midgame. 4 power is a lot more to ask for than "bigger than me", but I think I'll replace Pelt Collector with this as my sole concession slot to this kind of card in green.