Sets BNG Spoilers

CML

Contributor
My main problem with EDH is people going 'EDH is casual and not serious' and then being the most seriousest seriouses around.

My secondary problem with it is it just isn't well designed. It's hundred card singleton except you know lets just all run every tutor we want so that we can ignore that and run our same bombs out every game and then complain that people are running bombs but if you play a deck that isn't abusive then you're always losing, because everyone else is playing the bullshit serious game.

I'd be pretty much fine with it if every card that said "search your library" was banned unless it was followed by "for a basic land". Well, maybe marginally more than that, but not much. EDH as she is played isn't casual hundred card singleton with a thematic commander who is in charge of your deck, it's degenerate combo modo cube meta constructed, claiming to be the former.

All the EDH players like to do around here is talk about the sweet bling they've acquired to 'pimp out' their deck while still being virgins or porking fat hos. They have a corrosive forum called "Magic: The Seattling" whose culture is indistinguishable from that of MTGS, i.e. all ideas are created equal and nobody is ever wrong about anything. I find their level of discourse, shot through with an obsession with conspicuous consumption, and devoid of any serious strategy talk or critical thinking, to be the same as the 13-year-olds I tutor. When people say MTG is a children's card game, they're talking about the EDH players.

I hate EDH.

As an instant?

Unfortunately for me my LGS is where Sheldon runs an EDH league so the MTG crowd is largely both EDH-centered and controlled by his every word. It also keeps me from playing there on Thursdays. They are insufferable as a group.

Speaking of 'devoid of any insight on anything,' I hate Sheldon and I hate his columns, and I hate him for dreaming of a players' championship that has 3 audience members and 16 people pretending it's not an embarrassment. Can we talk about this some more here or in another thread? Or just PM me

CML

Contributor
4+. man have times changed.

i don't dislike the kraken, looks fun and beatable in limited. actually the power level of the rares seems to be one of the best things about Theros limited, a look at the MTGGoldfish format analysis dispels the myth that there are 'no' bombs but there are pretty few compared to most recent sets

attachment.php

this is a cycle at first glance this one looks the most playable. not really there for most of our cubes but i bet its ok for peasant cube

attachment.php

this will be a staple for peasant cubes, strictly better than infest also the art owns

CML

Contributor
welp, i'm glad they've literalized the whole "yeah, but you gotta untap with it" joke as a mechanic. because this mechanic will likely be totally imbalanced w/r/t constructed and limited, though, i am optimistic it will be AWESOME in cube

Ugh that is getting closer to the cycle infest I've always dreamed of! I'm excited about this dumb set! I hope the bestows are mainly solid so we can get one or two really sweet ones!

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
0CnlV2GC9j_EN.jpg

It's possible no one else in the world will use this card, but I'm really excited to put this in my cube in the Bestial Menace slot to support my green token theme. Six power! Two bodies! Instant speed! Scry if you're desperate! It's everything I love about green on one card.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
0CnlV2GC9j_EN.jpg

It's possible no one else in the world will use this card, but I'm really excited to put this in my cube in the Bestial Menace slot to support my green token theme. Six power! Two bodies! Instant speed! Scry if you're desperate! It's everything I love about green on one card.

A prohibitive mana cost that doesn't even support Devotion. I'm putting it on a no-fly list.

Reactions: CML

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I actually thought it was 6, but yeah I like Vorapede much more :(

Hannes, how does Ephara's Enlightenment sound for you?

epharasenlightenment.jpg

0CnlV2GC9j_EN.jpg

I'm willing to give it a shot! I love flash that much! Ugh and I can see myself wanting the scry soooooo often in green deqs

Maybe if it were at random or something but that really just seems like a cabal coffers card. Like gimme intimidate or 3 power or something.