Sets [FRF] Fate Reforged spoilers

My thoughts on the new stuff spoiled:

Manifest is weird & I don't think I like it. But I'm open to the idea that "make a bear" might be okay.

Dash is disappointing. I already miss raid. They better have some cool dash cards to change my mind.

Bolster we knew about, & I like it.

I like seeing prowess again. Same goes for delve. I never liked ferocious. You can find my thoughts on it somewhere around here.

Also, I LOVE the new delve demon. He's pretty sweet. I will run him.

I think manifest is ok, especially since, if you manifest a card with morph, you can pay either cost. SOURCE

Dash reads badly but I think it will play interestingly. Your opponent doesn't particularly want to block a dash creature since it goes away anyways. These creatures have historically been meh though (archwing dragon, blitz hellion)

I like the demon as the new cairn wanderer, and being able to jam all the exiled cards that matter under it to keep tabs is a lot easier than sifting through everyone's graveyards and keeping watch throughout the game.

I'm really surprised elkin arena came so early, and that it doesn't cost {R}{R}{R} or something.

Green mythic is pretty bland IMO

Not sure why the dragon legend is black. Its watermark appears to be the Mardu wings with teeth or rip marks or something? So dragons are being tagged to clans one way or the other.

For reference:
soulflayer.jpg
outpostsiege.jpg
whisperwoodelemental.jpg
kolaghanthestormsfury.jpg

Cycle of allied color dragons? And here I was hoping for enemy color dragons...

On this note, J-Wadd's "swap out subtheme packages" idea is beginning to look very appealing.

Even newer stuff
flamerushrider.jpg

Flamerush Rider {4}{R}
Creature- Human Warrior
Whenever ~ attacks, put a token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that's a copy of another target attacking creature. Exile at end of combat.
Dash {2}{R}{R}

Seems cool. 3/3 is awful small but haste from dash certainly helps.
shamanrevelation.jpg

Shaman Revelation
{3}{G}{G}
Sorcery
Draw a card for each creature you control
Ferocious - Gain 4 life for each creature with power 4 or greater you control

I guess collective unconscious got upgraded but I don't think anyone was close to playing it anyways. Cool art though, constructed potential as that can be a lot of cards.

Innistrad was my favorite block ever released since I first started playing. With my love of Dragons, war history, ancient cultures, & game of thrones, this block is looking like it very well may take that spot in my heart.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
So, Abzan watermark, so clans are still a thing (as expected), but with a new keyword. I did not expect new keywords for all of the clans, but surely they won't include 10 keywords in a small set?
Well, there we go! No new keywords for all of the clans, and less than 10 keywords! WotC is delivering as expected... Except that they swapped out only Raid (boo) and Outlast (yay). Prowess, Delve and Ferocious are still in. To be honest, I thought Raid was the most exciting ability out of those five.

Laz

Developer
Manifest is... odd. I am predisposed to not liking it because I like playing counterspells, but it could be ok. Maybe some top of deck manipulation comes in the set to help support it (or Courser remains the best thing in Standard some more)?

Also, HYBRID MANA IS BACK! *happy hybrid mana dance*

The 'this creature has either curve appropriate stats, or is a utility creature' mechanic is so simple, yet has so much potential. I mean, it isn't throwing cycling on everything, but is still a neat approach. I know we just got Reclamation Sage, but how about an artifact and/or enchantment one?

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I'm surprised they brought delve back after treasure cruise, but I'm all for them breaking the game a second time around. Soulflayer looks great. I've been looking for an excuse to run Mwonvuli Beast Tracker.

I like the idea behind manifest: TOL manipulation, and another take on morph.

You have to delve six to = Time warp's cmc. How many people already play time warp? I do.

As far as constructed goes I have no idea what the ramifications of this are. How often will getting to turn all your delvers and pyromancer tokens sideways again just end the game compared to three cards or something?

I think I'd rather run Seeker. Having buyback is cool. So is "lifelink 4 burn", but meh. That text about spells having lifelink is an ugly way to save space on a card, & too often is it just a bear.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
soulfiregrandmaster.jpg

That's a lot of text. What a card. Kind of weird that it's so similar to seeker of the way. Re-buying stoke the flames and charms in standard seems scary.
Why is everyone on mtgsalvation calling this broken? Am I missing something?

Surely it's price on launch will be way too high to consider acquiring it for my battle box. That black uncommon though? Fits right into my Mardu section. What a lovely card!