Sets [FRF] Fate Reforged spoilers

@Diakonov
199152_4595799630_2930_n.jpg

I'll stand by stroke just being better- it hits so many more types of cards than blast's potential one or two targets in any given deck- and some of them you can't be going second to counter.

Check THIS guy out:
abzanbeastmaster.jpg

When do-nothing enchantments are on bodies they're better right? (I realize it's toughness and not power)

Wizards heard our cries for an aggressive blue 2-drop!
Frost_Walker_teammint_20150108.jpg

(Whenever it becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
That's actually not half-bad. I mean, it's super fragile and dies to any chump block, but it can dish out an absurd amount of damage for its casting cost.

tasigurthegoldenfang.jpg

I really like these cards that encourage you to be creating spell velocity and have interesting new impacts on card selection.

Sweet

MarduWoeReaper.jpg

I am super excited for this set. Khans block has given us a ton of goodies and somehow FRF has even more cards I want to try out than KTK did.

summontheancestors.jpg
renownedweaponsmith.jpg

Summon the Ancestors
Instant (I hope that was obvious)
Return each creature card cmc < or = x from your graveyard to the battlefield. Exile them at the beginning of your next upkeep. Exile summon the ancestors.

That's a little weird- it's completely for blocking / etb effects?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I recommend playing it with haste creatures. Probably has no place whatsoever in cube. Renowned Weaponsmith is pretty saucy though, two mana is a lot, even if you can spend it only on artifacts.

Or Mogis's Marauder

I dunno about the 2 drop. Dat 4 power. But...so fragile...

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Does it matter though if an aggressive 2-drop is fragile? Your opponent is practically never getting ahead by using removal on it, except that they are getting pummeled for 4 if they keep their removal for worthier targets...

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Does it matter though if an aggressive 2-drop is fragile? Your opponent is practically never getting ahead by using removal on it, except that they are getting pummeled for 4 if they keep their removal for worthier targets...

No I mean I have lots of pump spells and dividable damage.

Wait, how does arc lightning work thesedays? Okay you can't assign 0 damage to something anymore. Hmmmmm....

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
en_dzvb49edek.png

Anyone excited about this guy? Bloodgift Demon was kinda mediocre over here, even though he should've theoretically been good in a long game against control. This guy seems like he could put a real beating an aggro or midrange - especially those pesky green decks - wiping out an army of tokens or mana dorks while being an offensive threat himself.

Thus far, these are all the cards that I'm really excited to try out in a few weeks:

en_v081iddx0t.png
en_dao3xzedis.png
en_rk3zuxlluj.png
en_da0jw6iu3p.png

en_qpewbpnjof.png
en_5qe8239b6r.png
en_v1prnfcn3w.png
en_cpyhzk81s2.png

en_8cu5haxgdx.png

I kind of wanted to try out Monastery Mentor to further support Spellslinger, but then I remembered that it was Prowess and triggered off almost everything. That card is so busted.