Sets [FRF] Fate Reforged spoilers

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
So far I'm interested in the following. A lot of the interesting hybrid cards are sadly in the wrong colors for my cube.

jeskaibarricade.jpg
lightform.jpg
marduwoereaper.jpg
valorousstance.jpg
frostwalker.jpg
monasterysiege.jpg
realityshift.jpg
sageeyeavengers.jpg
mardustrikeleader2.jpg
flamerushrider.jpg
humbledefector.jpg
marduscout.jpg
outpostsiege.jpg
shamanofthegreathunt.jpg
shamanicrevelation.jpg
scrollofthemasters.jpg

Lightform plays a little bit like an enchantment creature, I'd imagine. At least in terms of triggering enchantment matters themes while maintaining a boars presence

en_ebf2g2jbkm.png

Iiiiiiinteresting.

en_686grbg2qw.png

I have a devotion theme and a morph theme in blue. This slots right in.

en_zx9p9f6doj.png

After reading LSV's article today, I'm going back and reevaluating this guy. I think he's better than I originally gave him credit for.

en_uae1qbhoz5.png

Not a reprint I expected. Is this cubable?

en_vttr11aiqq.png

Viashino Sandstalker eat your heart out.

en_lfc000yy8m.png

Probably not cubable, but this design tickles me pink.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Would Monastery Mentor be fine if the tokens didn't have prowess, it would it still be overkill? I like the fundamental design, but it really seems like the power level could use some evening out.

Would Monastery Mentor be fine if the tokens didn't have prowess, it would it still be overkill? I like the fundamental design, but it really seems like the power level could use some evening out.

Yeah, that was pretty much the tipping point for me. If they were just normal 1/1's ala Young Pyromancer, I'd ship it right into my cube. The issue is that it's basically an army in a can where it pretty much poops out Monastery Swiftspears at will. If you don't answer it, I think you just die in like two turns.

en_uae1qbhoz5.png

Not a reprint I expected. Is this cubable?

If you're telling the truth about your morph theme it very well could be. I take arc lightnings pretty early in peasant but that format is kinda farther from constructed than normal cube. People here love their clunky sorcery speed removal and their making hexproof matter so maybe it's fine all around.

Maybe they want green to have more than one note. It certainly seems that way since they added this dredge theme to it.

CML

Contributor
Yeah, that was pretty much the tipping point for me. If they were just normal 1/1's ala Young Pyromancer, I'd ship it right into my cube. The issue is that it's basically an army in a can where it pretty much poops out Monastery Swiftspears at will. If you don't answer it, I think you just die in like two turns.

i am not convinced this card is that good in {standard, cube} without some nice {build-, draft-}arounds. it was fun last week in draft at least

I've always been more of a divination man myself. Just ask 2004 and 2005 Lucas with his respective UW Akroma's Vengeance and mono blue vedalken shackles decks.

I always thought Counsel of the Soratami was just for block and limited anyway. I look forward to the day I can play decks filled with instants and mana sinks again.

Oh I also made this card a million years ago which feels really similar lol.

Voyage of Discover {2}{U}
Instant
Look at the top four cards of your library, you may reveal an island card from among them and put it into your hand then put one of the remaining cards into your hand and the rest onto the bottom of your library.