Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Yeah, it's not so hot. A lot of things need to go right for that to draw you any ammount of cards, and if they do you're winning pretty well anyways.

I actually like the 5 mana one from BNG better I think, since at least you can sneak a tidings out of a mana dork with that one

"Green Tidings." I actually love the planeswalker clause on cards like this because sometimes you need to kill that crap but you want a trigger of some kind (sword, blood-drinking, bloodthirst etc.). Biggest downside of this card IMO is that it's a green 3. I think my green spell curve is more of a spike there.
That's my experience with it anyways. I like it a lot.
I actually like the 5 mana one from BNG better I think, since at least you can sneak a tidings out of a mana dork with that one
Sneaking with a five-mana sorcery? I don't think any more has to "go right" for insight than prowess.

I ran tainted pact for a while, and people had a hard time playing it. Maybe I should try it again, because I like it a lot. There is an interesting risk to it.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I found playing the card to be awesome, but I never really felt like my black section wanted impulse :(
Love the thing though

What do you guys think about this card? It's a reprint, but I didn't knew the card before.

Crawlspace__tmp.jpg

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
What do you guys think about this card? It's a reprint, but I didn't knew the card before.

Crawlspace__tmp.jpg

I got this card in the first set of cards I ever purchased (somebody's old collection), and put it in my casual Esper artifacts deck, and even there it was terrible. This would have no impact on most cube games, and is easily played through.

CML

Contributor
I got this card in the first set of cards I ever purchased (somebody's old collection), and put it in my casual Esper artifacts deck, and even there it was terrible. This would have no impact on most cube games, and is easily played through.

ancient legacy cards:

Dom, I like it, test it out?

im a big fan of shattergang tho ive never played with it. i would make the edh deck but my best friend plays sigarda, host of herons so anything staxy is just worthless

if i make another cube where 3 color cards are good i will certainly run that guy

I am going to test this one. Doubtful it will be better than Shriekmaw, but it's more flashy and since my cube has a selfmill subtheme I can see some relevant interactions.

Shadowborn_Demon__tmp.jpg

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's probably very hard to get this card working in cube, but I like it nevertheless. Should it be good enough I surely would consider it.

Yeah, I don't think it's usable at a traditional cube power level, but I might consider it for something like Eldrazi Domain.

CML

Contributor
I like the Demon and the Familiar, but for a high-powered environment you gotta justify running them over Shriekmaw and, uh, another 1-cmc u or w card

Familiar is the kind of card that's also a lot better-suited for constructed, where the margins are low enough that spiking something can just be Time Walk. Seriously, it's a Legacy card, but I feel negatively about Daze in Cube so there you have it

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I like the Demon and the Familiar, but for a high-powered environment you gotta justify running them over Shriekmaw and, uh, another 1-cmc u or w card

Familiar is the kind of card that's also a lot better-suited for constructed, where the margins are low enough that spiking something can just be Time Walk. Seriously, it's a Legacy card, but I feel negatively about Daze in Cube so there you have it

I think Daze has been in every 3-0 blue deck I've ever built here. I could be wrong, I'd have to check.

I like having the ability to spike, especially when you can shuffle it away/discard it later.

I've had the Demon and some selfmill stuff (not exactly pushed, but it's there), but Shriekmaw really is just better because of flexibility. Demon is great with GB decks that can reliably durdle with mana producers. Otherwise, he's Doom Blade+delayed Morbid+Fog, which is still probably worth 5 mana.