4 Satyr Hedonist
4 Priest of Urabrask
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Ranger of Eos
1 Legion Loyalist
1 Wild Cantor
4 Empty the Warrens
4 Haze of Rage
6+ empty slots (Faithless Looting, more Cantors, Bolt/PtE, SSG, Forge-Tender, Voice/War Marshal, Rituals)

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I considered Entity but at the moment the deck is fairly immune to spot removal and it sucks to get your Entity killed by Path/Abrupt Decay.

I considered Entity but at the moment the deck is fairly immune to spot removal and it sucks to get your Entity killed by Path/Abrupt Decay.

are we disregarding that it'll be something akin to a flinthoof boar. all of your threat's kind of die too path/abrupt btw (even if they are just 2/2's). the ranger of eos package looks cool, but it'll pull you out of a consistent Two-color manabase.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Well, currently all of the creatures in the deck perform some other function crucial to the combo. Storm Entity doesn't do anything unless you have enough of those other cards; the comparison isn't between Storm Entity and the other guys, but between it and Empty/Haze/Bushwhacker.

Ranger costing 4 and requiring another colour is definitely awkward, but Bushwhacker is soooo important. Is there another good substitute for it (Bushwhacker)?

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Initiative is interesting, can't think of a good mana sink though. Something that can pump creatures repeatedly?

Anax and Cymede intrigues me. Obviously you want as many free spells that can target it as possible (Mutagenic Growth and Gut Shot), and Young Pyromancer is ideal as a way to create guys to pump that wants cheap things. Maybe it fits in the old Nivmagus Elemental/Kiln Fiend shell? Alternatively, I thought about playing A&C as Weirds 5-8 in the Blistercoil Weird deck, but it occurs to me that Young Pyromancer does that already...

went 5-2 in the same GPT after starting 0-2 . ended 14th. 3 boosterpacks of m14 felt like an insult not getting anything at all, give me theros already.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
64ge0CY.png

Is this deck terrible or awesome? I can't decide.

CML

Contributor
yeah that's one of zac hill's abortions. "serum visions is powerful" hahahahah oh dear. it's not as bad as it looks, but it's quite bad (albeit better than BR burn-control with 4 lavaclaw reaches.)

VibeBox

Contributor
so, the largest modern even ever had 27/32 deathrite shamans in top 8

still no public outcry against this mistake of a card

VibeBox

Contributor
finkel was right, modern needs counterspell

of course it also needs everything not named bitterblossom and mental misstep unbanned

finkel was right, modern needs counterspell

of course it also needs everything not named bitterblossom and mental misstep unbanned
i don't think blazing shoal or the artifact lands need to come back

I wish there was still a format like old 7-year extended. When I started playing that was my favorite format and there were plenty of fun neat decks in a healthy environment with currently modern-banned cards like glimpse and bitterblossom coexisting

Dom Harvey

Contributor
^YES

The Extended season in 2010 was one of the most enjoyable formats ever, imo, and it would actually be kept in check a lot more by some of the cards printed since then (Abrupt Decay, Rest in Peace, Stony Silence as answers, not to mention Birthing Pod, Splinter Twin, Karn...). It's a shame we have this half-hearted mess instead.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno, I kind of like Modern a lot. But I only played one Extended tournament ever, so I don't really have a great point of reference.

VibeBox

Contributor
extended was the best. when they killed it was a big breaking point for me and constructed magic. they robbed gifts ungiven of it's last year of eligibility, and moment in the sun. for this i can never forgive them. >: -(